StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I rode from Battle Ground up through Cougar in hopes of traveling over to Trout Lake for a Huckleberry smoothie! :thumbup:, however I found that NF 90 is closed due to a slide about 7 miles east of Lower Lewis River Falls. Here's a couple of shots of the slide:

When I first reached the slide there were two guys trying to navigate the edge of the slide in an 80s Buick Century. One of the guys said they had been shoveling and moving rock for 45 minutes. Their efforts were rewarded as they got through, leaving this trail behind:

My favorite comment was when one of the guys said "we wuz never really worried causin' we got a winch on the front". I kid you not... they did indeed have a winch on the front of a mid-80s Buick Century. And two cases of beer in the trunk, which they offered to share! The things one encounters when traveling in the forest... :confused:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
...My favorite comment was when one of the guys said "we wuz never really worried causin' we got a winch on the front". I kid you not... they did indeed have a winch on the front of a mid-80s Buick Century. And two cases of beer in the trunk, which they offered to share! The things one encounters when traveling in the forest... :confused:
and yet they keep with the advertising campaign to send kids to the forest on the radio...:yikes:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Fun report. You never know what (us) hicks will come up with to go exploring. As a kid, we used to take a Lincoln Town Car grouse hunting. That was something to see. Never had much success with it, but we sure had a good time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts