StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philstrom has invited me to join him in a ride from Newmarket tomorrow ( Saturday Nov 3 ) into the great wild regions to the north west , departure 10 am .
Although I suspect he just wants someone along to help extricate him from the mud , he does lead an interesting jaunt , so if you'd like to add a few hundred kilometers to your odometer , post up and tag along . ( besides , I might get stuck in the mud too ) .
Alex

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well , 3 of us rode out yesterday morning with Philstrom ensuring us that his interpretation of the weather report was that we would experience 5 deg c and sunshine ( ever the optimist , that man - he predicts sun and 15 c for next weekend ).
He led us through the countryside , wet pavement and wet dirt roads , as the fields we passed became whiter and whiter . We rode through a few flurries , which brought " one horse open sleigh " to mind , and finally stopped in Mansfield for an excellent burger , where we agreed to abandon our quest to Terra Nova , and return home via the longest circuitous route .
I heard no complaints of cold , as we were all well dressed , and grip-heater equipped , and were not experiencing any slippery / ice conditions , so , it was actually a fun ride , burger achieved .
I hurriedly strapped on ATV mitts to my strom moments before departure , which turned out to be a mixed blessing ( see another's thread in General V-Strom discussion ), but plan to ride far afield again today.:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts