StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people like to bash Newmarket Suzuki's service but I had a little experience today that surprised me.

Last Monday I picked up my new 2012 DL650. I booked the 1000 km service for today. (Btw I overshot my mileage and now have about 1,500 km on it.) my appointment was for 2pm and was told it would take an hour. I came back and hour later and it was all completed on time. One thing I had asked them was to check the steering head bearing as I got some headshake (theusual, hands off around 60 k ph.) the headshake was gone so they must have done the tightening.When I got home I was going to do an oil change and put one the little well nut I lost when I adjusted my headlight. Turned out they had seen that and replaced it.

I know none of this should be a big deal but it seems to me they did all I asked and also saw something else and took care of it.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
It is a big deal - things like that are what is helpful to keep customers returning. They did what they were supposed to do, then they did something you asked them to do, and they also did something extra on top of that.

Now I'm all conflicted...

For what it's worth, that salesman Dan at Newmarket Suzuki whom you told me to talk to was as nice as and professional as you said he would be.

How are you liking your new bike after the 1st 1000k?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I know none of this should be a big deal but it seems to me they did all I asked and also saw something else and took care of it.

..Tom
Once upon a time we had a name for that, and we called it Customer Service.

I think it's finally starting to make a comeback...

·
Registered
493 Posts
i went there last year when I was looking for a strom. Sales guy didnt impress me, and make a creepy comment to my girlfriend about her perfume.

needless to say, I didnt buy from them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i went there last year when I was looking for a strom. Sales guy didnt impress me, and make a creepy comment to my girlfriend about her perfume.

needless to say, I didnt buy from them.
I don't mean to be a hater, but I will never go back there either. I went in there two summers ago wearing full riding gear, and checked out a vstrom for 10 minutes or more. They COMPLETELY ignored me because it was their little lunch break. I walked out without a word spoken either way.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I met the Newmarket Zuk guys at the bike show last week. They were all pretty good at answering questions and talking #'s on bikes. I'm going down next week to see if we can make a deal on one (but I'm keeping my Vee)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts