StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I would like to ride my bike from my home in London towards Newfoundland to see the whales. I have to be back by May 24th so not sure if 3 weeks is enough time. Another option is to go in June. Is anyone is interested in coming along or joining up along the way. I am planning on camping the entire way to keep my costs down. I have always used couchsurfing when travelling around the world but I am finding a hard time finding a host along the way. So if any of you guys would be willing to let me camp in your backyard or such, I would be grateful and can pay you for your space.

Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Regardless of how or when you visit Newfoundland and Labrador, please prepare by visiting http://www.ridetherock.com first. You will learn vital information about our newest and perhaps wildest province.

Don't let anyone sell you "Newfoundland Pothole Maps". That is a scam. They purport to show you (1) where the potholes are, so you can avoid them, and (2) for the bigger potholes, how to drive out of them once you have become lost in one of them. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello fellow stromtroopers, three weeks is enough time to complete your journey comfortably. I have done it in 2 without rush. However, May is not the best month for a trip like that. You will hit some lasting questionable weather. If you decide to go make sure your rain gear is top notch. Heated gear will come very handy too. Have a great trip!

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
3 weeks is fine if dedicated to Newfoundland....it will be very chilly in May...still chilly in June but better. Average is 14 so yes heated gear and you need to manage the ferries.
Jealous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts