StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The site says it may open Monday November 30. I'm not sure from which side. I'll definetly be there. Anyone want to ride up if it opens?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I believe it will be open to Wrightwood. How about Saturday? Shell station at the bottom 8:00 AM ? It is really burned up but hopefully the roads are OK

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds good. Although the international motorcycle show is Friday through Sunday. Maybe I could do that Friday, Newcombs Saturday, then, Joshua Tree Sunday...... or newcombs and the show Saturday.......choices.:jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went up today for opening day. Didn't get there til dark (after work) It was cold. small patches of snow along the road at higher elevations. The mountain is so bare. No vegetation. Roads are newly paved and shiney guardrails. There was a little bit of ice at night in the shadowy sections. No full menu, not even beer on tap! Bottled beer is available, limited menu, and coffee. They are running on a generator. No power till next year. Powerlines were burned down. The bartender said the morning was busy and this weekend should be crazy. Sounds like fun.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone actually going to meet up Saturday? Should I go or will I be there all by myself like a dumbass? :headbang:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went up this morning. It was cold, right around 30* Mostly BMW's GS bikes. I guess the sport bike guys don't like the coldness. Pretty foggy for a small section. It was a nice ride. Cal trans is set to close the roads for tonight. For how long, I guess it depends on the storm and the havoc it creates. Glad I went up before another closure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts