StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would be interested in joining you guys for lunch at Newcombs on Saturday.

I understand that the ACH is closed from La Canada Flintridge north, but is it open from Wrightwood south to Newcombs?

The Newcombs site says you have to go down Angeles Forest Hwy to Big Tunuga and up the ACH to Newcombs. Might be a decent ride, but a lot of backtracking for me from the OC.

David

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was planning on big tujunga/210 to ACH just before newcomb's. i've never been on big tujunga so i don't know what it's like. i wanted to go clear to wrightwood but that's a big ride and i don't know if i want to be out that long. i'll message you with details. maybe you and i can hook up on the way to pasadena. ??

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I think I can swing that. Where's the meeting place? I live in Pasadena so I can direct anyone if needs be.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I can swing that. Where's the meeting place? I live in Pasadena so I can direct anyone if needs be.
alright i was hoping you could make it. looks like there's a shell station on the corner of foothill blvd and oro vista way. i say there. i'm thinking 9:00 am.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
here's the plan

leave the Shell station (SW corner of Foothill BLVD and Oro Vista Way in Sunland/Tujunga) at 9:00ish am 7-24-10. head up Big Tujunga to ACH turn off to Newcomb's Ranch. hang out, look at bikes, and eat (bring cash).
here's the map
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=34.259442,-118.315855&daddr=Upper+Big+Tujunga+Canyon+Rd+to:CA-2+E/Angeles+Crest+Hwy&geocode=;FW92CwIdxnD2-A;FZyNCwIdxlP3-A&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=18&via=1&sll=34.25954,-118.315673&sspn=0.003206,0.004764&ie=UTF8&ll=34.287857,-118.167572&spn=0.41017,0.609741&t=h&z=11
i'm finalizing this now cuz i seen too many up in the air gatherings. hope to see as many as can make it.

FYI i'm planning on continuing to Wrightwood after, if anyone wants to join me.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
The shell is on the corner opposite Jack & the Box.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
looks like it. never been there just see it on google maps. we're not going to get mugged or anything in that area, are we? :biggrinjester:
that's an oooooold pic in the street view. gas is $1.65

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks great. I'm looking forward to riding with you guys.
i tried to get more to come along. looks like it's just going to be me and BDragon with you on this one.

Hey! BDragon, can you get ahold of Jerry? can't remember his profile name. you know, the guy that was on a Strom and then a Connie and now an FZ (maybe)

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I searched and found his screen name. (Jblk9695) Sometimes guys read the forum and show up with out replying.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump

Just in case there are any last minute straglers around.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Whoops, sorry I missed the ride, I went the other way and ended up in Big Bear, nice ride.
I'll try and pay closer attention next time, would have enjoyed meeting up with you guys again. Hope you all had a great ride.:thumbup:

Jerry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts