StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome Everyday rider ... I'm in the Newcastle area and up for a ride when I can find the time ... Saturdays work best for me although I do get RDO's now and again in the week which makes for a better ride ... less traffic out etc ..

Those red Wee's are the fastest I believe ...

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Welcome aboard.

More than one up your way, they will chime in in due course.

You could always ride down and see us Sydneyites too.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well, I grew up in Newcastle, but my late wife and I came down to Adelaide in 1978 intending to stay for 3 years and we never did go back home. Love going back to see the rest of the family; lovely area and lots of top rides around there. Used to live up near the obelisk at the top of King Edward park.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Welcome to the site Everyday, good to have another rider in the area.

What part of Newy are you located ?
Do you have preference for the type of riding you do ? ie do you ride dirt ?
I havent ridden much this year for one reason or another, but will pm you when I'm heading out next. maybe even a tootle upto the dungog area for a latte :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to all for the warm welcome!! had my strom for a little over a month now, i love her like no other! keen as for adventure riding and road trips as well been lookin at a wee strom for over a year now had a 2003 xt600e setup as a duel sport over 40 000kms in a year 1/2 but gettin long in the tooth and soon to be wife would not get on it:green_lol: am from the cardiff area cheers:thumbup:

WHEN THE ROAD ENDS>>>I FALL OFF

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe even a tootle upto the dungog area for a latte :thumbup:
Mudrat you are the man with the experience with maps / trip planning ...

What about a trip to Dungog for a Latte and a meanader up into the Chichester State Forest (the Frying Pan Creek Loop?) and end up in Gloucester somewhere for lunch? (I like to ride that Gloucester to Kramback Rd too while up there).

Anyone interested in a day out on Saturday June 18th or June 25th?

Cold I know?? But ... :thumbup:

·
Registered
811 Posts
am from the cardiff area cheers:thumbup:
Well your just down the road then I'm @ Garden Suburbs :thumbup:

What about a trip to Dungog for a Latte and a meanader up into the Chichester State Forest (the Frying Pan Creek Loop?) and end up in Gloucester somewhere for lunch? (I like to ride that Gloucester to Kramback Rd too while up there).

Anyone interested in a day out on Saturday June 18th or June 25th?

Cold I know?? But ... :thumbup:
Sounds like a plan, but I'm working on the 18th (7 day rosters can be a bitch:headbang:), as for the 25th I have a rough plan in mind to head for the north and check out the old grafton rd, seems its very fashionable atm :green_lol:, that weekend. but all are more than welcome if it comes off.

Muddy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds good too me. its never too cold to ride i will be new to dirt roads bike isnt too set up for it but it wont stop me lol goin to go for a little road trip tomozz if weather is good (wife is workin) and try out my new throttle rocker out....maybe broke for lunch!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can we lock in 28th June then ... with exact details / destination etc. to be arranged?

Mudrat are you talking about a one day trip or an overnighter?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Can we lock in 28th June then ... with exact details / destination etc. to be arranged?

Mudrat are you talking about a one day trip or an overnighter?
working the Monday the 28th and the weekend ride 25th etc, will be atleast one night, maybe two

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK .. Sorry I think I had the wrong date ... was thinking of Saturday 25th June. I will only have the day ... I'll see if Everydayrider is interested in a more local trip on the day ...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
sounds good too me. its never too cold to ride i will be new to dirt roads bike isnt too set up for it but it wont stop me lol goin to go for a little road trip tomozz if weather is good (wife is workin) and try out my new throttle rocker out....maybe broke for lunch!!

Never too cold to ride! I love you central central coast blokes,24 deg is cool,bordering on na bit cold,might just watch the footy today,get down here I'll give ya cool bloody blouse's.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mate i was ridin up to singo for over 2 years on a old xt600 and boy it was cold bring it on wind, rain and i dare say hail i just love it they built us newcastle boys strong aint thet y we all ride wee strom :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
BACK ROADS TO DUBBO... O/night..25/26 june.

Just heard a rumour that Wardy (Saturn5) is organising a overnight ride to the central west on the weekend of the 25th, so I'll ditch my ride north till a later date and in favour of Wardy's ride.

hope you can still make it everyday :thumbup:
Yes Muddy planning an o/night ride to Dubbo 25th and 26th June. Will post up the details, maybe tonight, but for now giving notice to all the usual lot , Bob Don Ock D.L and Ron (and those whom my memory let down. )
NEWCASTLE riders and those on the central coast , new to this forum, watch this space and join the ride.

WARDY

·
Super Moderator
4,629 Posts
I'm in.

V-Strom or XJR, that is the question. :confused:

·
Registered
231 Posts
from killy here up for a ride most days birdsville later this year any 1 keen?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts