StromTrooper banner

Newbie to a Wee Vee! I have a question?

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Xavier6162 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been reading your board for about a week. It has been very informative and I appreciate all the info.

Ok, I'm pretty set on the Wee ABS. I just have a few questions to through out there.

A. I'm currently riding a Triumph ST 955 (1000 class). An I going to be happy with the Wee? Anyone go from 1K to a Wee?

B. I have the price OTD for a '09 Wee ABS, widdled down to $7800 here in SoCal. Is that a good price?

Please tell me what you think? Thanks guys.
:confused:

#2 · (Edited)
I've been reading your board for about a week. It has been very informative and I appreciate all the info.

Ok, I'm pretty set on the Wee ABS. I just have a few questions to through out there.

A. I'm currently riding a Triumph ST 955 (1000 class). An I going to be happy with the Wee? Anyone go from 1K to a Wee?

B. I have the price OTD widdled down to $7800 here in SoCal. Is that a good price?

Please tell me what you think? Thanks guys.
:confused:
A. If you liked the ST 955 you’ll love the Triumph Tiger…if you can afford the $11K plus price tag…and if you can fit it. It sits even higher than the DL1000.

B. $7800 OTD in SoCal this time of the year is good for an 09 Wabs. But much too high for an 08 Wabs.

Take it from someone who has, “Been there, Done that”. Unless this price is coming from OTD Cyclesports don’t believe it. They all make promises but in the end will not have a 09 Wabs to sell. Don’t put all your egg in one Dealership. Put out a deposit in three to four and in a couple, three.....a few months, one will come available…maybe.

#5 ·
Yep it's from OTD Motorsports

Thanks!
Yep, it's from OTD Motorsports and no, I can't afford the tiger. LOL. I welcome a smaller bike, especially because I DO IN FACT plan on some fireroads and some light off road. I heard that the 1000 is a little harder to manage when times get squirly.

#3 ·
A: Ride the 650 first. It is great but not quite the kick of the Triumph. Still will do the job just fine though. Try to ride one if you have not already.

B: $7800 OTD for 09 with ABS is pretty good right now. If they have it available, jump on it.

BTW - what part of Socal? I am in San Diego.

#7 ·
Thanks man.

The thing is, is that this bike will be my daily driver, weekend twisty eater, light off road bike that I plan on putting some serious miles on. Fuels cheaper, bigger tank, better miles, AND I CAN GET IT SERVICED JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE!

Unlike my Triumph, that took 4 fricken weeks for a clutch cable. So, it's more about a solid machine, i can do most of the work myself If I choose to. I know i'm going to lose some ummmph, i'm realistic.

#8 ·
I went from a Honda VTR1000 to the Wee. Yes there is a difference in power, have I missed the 1000's hp.....NO, The Wee does so many things well and is such a fun bike to ride, and the engine is quite impressive for its size and it is so much more comfortable than a sport bike. No regrets here and would do it again in a heart beat.

#9 ·
to answer your questions:

a) my previous bike had a bored out oil-cooled suzuki gs1150 engine that made well over 150 hp... the wee feels like a sewing machine, but it's good enough. to me there's more to life than just raw power.

b) i dont know about price esp not in usd. that's pretty much what my bike cost me without freight pdi and taxes in canadian $

c) RENT a wee for one day to make sure you're buying the right bike. it's what i did, and it was damned good i did, for else i would have ended up with a 08 klr650. also try the 1000 (the vee), you might find that it's the perfect balance of power and everythign else for you. abs is nice to have, but hey, i havent had it on any of my previous bikes, and the brakes/tires on these puppies are well matched. my wee does small stoppies and the abs never engages on the front wheel... (i've started using the rear brake, because of the abs, but the wee is my 1st bike where i use the rear brake, out of maybe 12-13 bikes)

#11 ·
Thanks Duck

Yeah, I'm not a speed freak or knee dragger. I do like to take me some twisties fast tho. Yeah, this will be my 6th bike. I know, the abs will be something new for me too. But, I have to tell you. I locked up my Triumph the other day and got sideways in a panic stop for some morron pulling in front of me. i BARELY made it man. Phuck! So, i'm thinking in those very rare occations that ABS might save my arse!

#14 · (Edited)
If you care to look (search) around, you’ll see my plight with the Santa Ana office with the Wabs. They are a good decent dealership. I did buy my SV650 based on the quote from the internet sales department. So they will honor any/all quotes from internet sales on models they have available on the floor.

But, as much as I loved my relationship with Santa Ana, they did let me down. They gave me the exact same promise as they gave you. A good price for something coming within a couple of weeks.

So I left a $500 deposit. The two weeks past. Then two months. Mean while the LA office was selling them…and actually contacted me a couple of times to drive out that way to pick one up. They even promised to hold one for a week without a deposit. They (Internet Sales) were willing to hold a Wabs based solely on my word.

But I trusted Santa Ana to come through for me.

After the third month, Santa Ana sadly gave me my deposit back. I finally relented (we are talking about prided) and contacted internet sales. One week later I had a 08 Wabs.

Do yourself a favor. Call the Internet Sales group and tell them what you want. It will save you a lot of time and heartache.

One phone call is all it takes.......(866) 234-8670. I'm giving you a winning lotto ticket...please take it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.