StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Wee K8 today and rode home about 150 miles. Love the bike! I have an 08 FJR that I've put 40,000 on in the last two years, so although I'm a newbie to the Wee I'm not a newbie to riding. I bought the Wee for around town commuting, the occasional adventure ride and to get my 17 yo step-son trained up so he can start touring with my wife and I.

Anyway, I didn't get an owner's manual from the previous owner so pardon the stupid question, but... when I got home and turned the ignition off the dash gauges did not turn off. The mileage disappears, the fuel and temp disappear, but the gauges themselves stay illuminated, as does the clock. Is this the way it is suppose to be or should the dash go completely dark? I've tried turning it to the lock position and the flasher on position and it stays the same. The key is out and the dash still displays the clock, temp and fuel (gauges only, not the actual readings). Surely it's using battery power so it just doesn't seem correct. Thanks for your assistance in advance!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Answered at VSRI too. I think "illuminated" was not properly used here. The clock and permanent info as seen here is normal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(non) issue resolved

Thanks Greywolf! The picture says a thousand words. That's exactly what I see, with the exception of the sweet looking Zumo. :hurray:

I was going to disconnect the battery before I let it sit all night like that if that were not "normal". I appreciate the quick feedback.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I had a hunch. I will use "lit" myself but it really isn't accurate for LCDs. The main reason I was convinced you were okay was because I couldn't think of any way the instrument package could be on and have the odometer off. I gather you've figured the clock stays on and the other markings are not LCDs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts