StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My name’s Andy from Scarborough, North Yorkshire UK. I’ve just bought a V Strom 650. It’s a 2008 GT model in gray with ABS, hand guards, full Suzuki luggage and a centre stand. It’s in excellent condition, and I picked it up with onkly 835 miles on the clock!

I intend to use it as a year round commuter only, no off-road use, and no touring, as I have a 2011 R1200GSA for touring and weekend rides.

I have a few questions on farkles.

• Rear Brake Pedal – seems a bit high, is there a way to lower it?? Also is an extender bar available?
• I’d like to fit HID lights, and was wondering what’s the best colour/rating to go for, so it improves the light, but don’t piss car drivers off.
• I also want to put heated grips on, and was wondering if anybody has a recommendation on brands that are available in the UK
• Madstam screen bracket – Any good?
• Belly Pan – Which one’s best for weather protection? I like the look of the Motoagora one, as it looks like it will offer a lot of weather protection
• Any other must have farkles??

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi , Andy and welcome from another brit , oxford heated grips are good and a madstad screen bracket are great , the rear brake lever can be adjusted to lift or lower it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts