StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals.

I'll be picking up a new DL1000 in a few weeks. Got a great deal at a local dealer.

Really excited by the bike. I was thinking of a 1250 Bandit, but I think the V-Strom is more suitable fo me and my wife.

She has been riding with me on the back of my bonnie, but doesn't feel very secure back there. The V-Strom is going to be a much more satisfying mount for the two of us.

I had a Strom for a few days when I was waiting for my Triumph Sprint RS (which I still have), and loved the big v twin, the torque and the upright position.

However, I'm keeping the RS and the Bonnie. I love them both.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I envy the decision you will have to make everytime you open the garage door.

I see you've already checked out the Calgary Breakfast Club thread, nice work.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Nice bikes you have there. Nice avatar too.

SS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another Newbie

Hey Haggis95,

I just picked mine up a week and a half ago. I'm already at 1500km, and have endured about 6 hours of riding in the rain. If that is the worst it gets, I think I'm laughing. Compared to the Buell I just sold, this thing is so much more comfortable in the rain and dry.

I'm really enjoying this bike and I think you're gonna like it too.

BTW, what is a Bonnie, Triumph?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome.

I love my other two bikes, but am really excited by the V.

The bonnie is a 2007 Triumph Bonneville, with blacked out engine. It a 865cc parrallel twin, pushing a "monster" 65hp. However, it's a blast, and get lotsa comments in parkinglots and gas stations. It looks like the old 60's bikes.

The RS is a semi-naked Triumph Sprint 118 hp. Kind of a s sporty sport tourer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts