StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Missouri!

I'm new here.... Visited a few times. Been interested in a V-Strom for a few years.... the 2012 remakes/mods sold me.

Been active over on ADVrider & a few other forums. Just bought my first V-Strom, a 2012 DL650 Adventure. Planning on doing some 1-2 week mini adventures, working up to multi-week/multi-month trips. Did 20K+ on my Versys this past year but I wanted a more comfortable ride for distance, saddle time & two up.

I plan on using my Happy Trails side cases & side racks. Hope I can find a new home for the stock Suzuki/Trax boxes & racks?

Before I put any miles on my new Strom I'm looking for a number of farkles...... Hand guards, blash/skid plate, GPS mount, power outlets, off road pegs, centerstand, etc....

Now a little about me.... I started riding in the mid 70's. I'm semi-retired, work about 18-20 hrs/ week. I'm a physician (family practice & sports medicine). Also retired USAF. I try to bike commute year round. I ride 80% blacktop, 20% off road (mostly just exploring).

I'm looking forward to learning from the threads here.

Any suggestions on farkles & vendors would be greatly appreciated.

KJ

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Welcome to the Strom and Thanks for your years of service:thumbup:
We might have to meet up next summer when I visit Missouri to visit my sister in Springfield area.
Mike

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Strom and Thanks for your years of service:thumbup:
We might have to meet up next summer when I visit Missouri to visit my sister in Springfield area.
Mike
That would be great. I'm about 3 hrs north of Springfield.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats and welcome! New strom rider here too! Just did my first ride today went 100 miles of back roads and couldn't believe it was that far ha!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Missouri Adventures.

If you pinpoint Columbia Mo on a map and draw a 70 mile radius around it you will see where I have done 2700 miles since April. 2100 on my 74 GT550 and 600 on my new Wee. I took delivery on July 14. We have some great back roads. I avoid the interstate unless I get tired and am heading straight home. I am looking forward to a Branson run soon.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I did some riding out there this last May.
Rode all over NE OK, NW Arkansas and all over around Nixa, Springfield and Branson.
Rode back roads from my sisters in Nixa to Joplin one night to meet a guy for dinner.
Gotta say its some great riding out there on the back roads, alot different then out here in the desert.
Left Springfeild and rode to Cheyenne Wyoming to have dinner with my son and got to see more of that area and thinking of retiring back that way:thumbup:
Looking forward to next summer to come and explore more:hurray:
Mike

·
Registered
128 Posts
welcome! i have decked out my 2012 mostly from twisted throttle. i am fortunate enough to live close by but check them out and check out my videos i posted on here of my farkles. good luck!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just bought my first V-Strom, a 2012 DL650 Adventure. Planning on doing some 1-2 week mini adventures, working up to multi-week/multi-month trips.

I plan on using my Happy Trails side cases & side racks. Hope I can find a new home for the stock Suzuki/Trax boxes & racks?

Before I put any miles on my new Strom I'm looking for a number of farkles...... Hand guards, blash/skid plate, GPS mount, power outlets, off road pegs, centerstand, etc....

Any suggestions on farkles & vendors would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome. After you have made 20 real, contributing posts, you advertise your boxes for sale here. ADV rider and craigslist are the other obvious choices.

The Barkbusters are the high end standard for the vStrom, some are having good luck with moose racing. The high end standard for a bash plate is Enduro Guardian, there are many good choices. Look for nice easy to install power accessories at Burns Moto. Check out this stuff as well, from Richland Rick.

All of these adresses are for vendors that carry strom specific stuff.

TwistedThrottle.com

Gear, Parts & Accessories for Adventure Motorcycle Touring - Touratech-USA

Adventure MotoStuff LLC

Happy-Trail.com - KLR650 & Adventure Touring Motorcycle Luggage and Aluminum Panniers

https://www.adventuremotorcycleparts.com

Murphskits: Relaunched

V-Stroma.com - Suzuki V-Strom Parts and Accessories

SVRacingParts.com

Pat Walsh Designs

BestRest Products, LLC

Adventure Moto - Motorcycle Touring Accessories, GIVI, SHAD Motorcases, Hepco & Becker, Krauser, SW Motech, Tour Master, SHOEI, OXFORD Products, FIRSTGEAR, TEKNIC, adventuremotousa.com

- Caribou Luggage Systems

My V-Strom Accessories and Motorcycle Memories

Over 8000 Items In Stock and Ready for Immediate Shipment - Whitehorse Gear

Motorcycle Parts and Accessories for the Sport Touring Enthusiast at California Sport Touring

Home - Adventure Tech Products

Adventure Motorcycle Depot - Parts and Accessories for Adventure Motorcycles

have at it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just wanted to say hi and let you know there is at least one wee rider not far away. I live in Macon, about 50 miles north of Columbia. I've yet to see another vstrom on the road around here.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts