StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: I do NOT currently own a Strom. Recently rode with a group in NC--twisties all the way--and was impressed with the on-road capabilities of the Wee, and then became insanely jealous when they headed off for a day of gittin' dirty to boot!

So, I'm in the market for a Wee and am wondering what year I should target to start looking at. Specifically, are there earlier models that design weaknesses were corrected in later models? What do I look for with each generation Wee? What year was the switch from carb to FI? Any specific farkles that are gots-to-have?

I know that some/all of these questions have been addressed, and I REALLY DID do a quick search of the forum, but not that interested right now in plowing thru hundreds of posts to find the info...

Thx--Bubba :cheers2:
Old Grumpy Guy

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the info sharing! You have both shown me to be a lazy SOB as well as a google-newb, darn it....

And to Greywolf (with a E): I'm supremely envious of your touring prowess (as noted in your sig). I was 'contractored' out of a 37 year job (career?) a few years ago and have been trying to decide out if I really need that second j-o-b for another few years yet. However, I've figgered out that if I give up the dream of the yacht on the Riviera and settle for cheap beer on the back deck, things suddenly work out and early retirement is, indeed, within grasp. I doubt that I'll make your 48-state visits, but I think a trip out west thru the mtns of CO and ultimately, a ride on the PC highway is in my future. On that note, I think I'll go have one of those cold beers I just mentioned! Mmmmmm, beer.... :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts