StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
New Years Day Ride

Mine was short but just the fact of being able to is aw-some. Just went around the neighborhood and to the quick stop for some liquid refreshments. I really like having that top case!!

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Lef home under cloudy, cold (41), and windy conditions. Little bit of light sprinkle here and there. Rode from Nashville to Chapel Hill to Columbia and back to Nashville. 100 miles round trip. Cold feet, cold hands, but any ride is a good ride.

·
Administrator
17,523 Posts
Futhermuckin rain!!!!!!

Raining and cold today...not gonna head out, unless it clears a bit later!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Hi. My time was limited, so I just took the V-Strom, the GS550, and the CM250 on short rides around the neighborhood. Today is the day we put out our garbage, and you would think that the day after a long weekend there would be lots of wonderful stuff to recycle. Not today. Perhaps hangovers and gloomy weather interfered with good intentions.

Let's hope for sunshine next weekend when Brendan comes to Florida.

Best wishes for 2007.
Keith

·
570 Posts
It was 37 degrees here and overcast. I went for a short ride, and wouldn't you know it the rain started. Got one pic before getting too wet:

Oh well, supposed to be nice later in the week.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,040 Posts
Pushed the wee out in the driveway and set on it, does that count? :) 33 degrees and snowing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Got out for a couple hours just around here.. (just west of Kingston Ont.) Ya couldn't beat the weather!
Of course had to check out an old quarry and the road to nowhere! :D :twisted:

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Started the day at dawn with a hike at Red Top Mountain. Came home, took the Golden for a walk and endless ball throwing, then rode my 24 year old Honda VF750S to my son's shop and took the Wee he is rebuilding for me out for an clandestine ride (no tag) and shared an empty road with a Ducati that came out of nowhere. Great way to start the new year, doing the things I enjoy best.

M

·
0 Posts
So I broke out of the house arond 11:00 and headed for my favorite short trip, Malibu Canyon. After watching a couple of numb-nuts' racing each other through lanes on the 405 I hit the 101 and eventually made it to Malibu Canyon...

Enjoying the solitude of the empty roads I wandered up to the overlook and what to my bewildered eyes do appear??? An impromptu car show...

So anything goes out here in the hills.

I hope this helps those Troopers stuck inside. Happy New Year!

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
Let's see. 220 miles, mid 40's It was a good ride anyway.....

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Now that I can work my fingers again...

Did 235 km round-trip up to Squamish in the pissing rain to have coffee with Water Warrior. I took my camera along, but it was just too wet to pull it out. All you'd see is grey, grey, grey anyway. At least I was able to keep under the snow line.

Still a real nice twisty road, even in the rain. The photo is what the road looks like on a nice day. It's taken from the "Chief" - a local climbing spot. The road's under serious construction at the moment to get it ready for the 2010 Olympics.

Time for a hot toddy.

Happy New Years all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
went yestarday,
put some bar risers on,then went for a 40 miles ride :(
but on the plus side got to wave to some cows :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Raining and 37 degrees when I got up. Did a nice 40 mile ride through the local countryside yesterday. It was dry and 39 degrees then. This is my first bike with heated grips and I'm lovin it.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I was feeling pretty good till you posted pictures of California:(
Pretty neet collection of autos & Bikes that Last vehicle looks cool must be some kinda price tag on sumthing like that ! from the side there it kinda looks like Jay Lenno in it:???:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
About 90 miles around the Inland Impire, couple of photos from Greenspot Rd., then home for the 600 mile service and installed the Givi engine guards.
Too much fun.

Jerry:)

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
No pics and nothing too exciting, but I did get out for a short ride to fill the tank (something I hope to do a lot of this year :-D )
On the way home Zumo displayed this golden circle... I had to go look. It was a neighborhood park. It was dark and I couldn't see if there was a memorial or something... anyway, I suppose it was kind of adventurous?
Used the new GPS to plot a route home that I would not have taken otherwise. Sure nice to have it on the bike. The more I ride with it the more impressed I am with it.
Good times.
I had to cut the ride short as I had a turkey in the fryer... I m pulling it out in another 5 minutes :p .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts