StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK fellow Strommers, I have a problem- I have much buffeting on my new DL650. Adjusting the windscreen seems remarkably ineffective. So, I need to know if the Laminar Lip is a better alternative to a whole new screen. New screens are more expensive and frankly, ugly as sin! I would like to get the Lip but will spend the extra money and slap on something ugly if the results are worth it.

I'm about 5'11" with a 32 inch inseam. I wear an XXL Nolan helmet. Perhaps the size of my helmet (think "Dark Helmet" from the movie, Spaceballs) contributes to this buffeting?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm about the same size as you except my head is smaller...

Have you tried the undocumented fourth windscreen position? You have to buy two 6mm screws with a smaller head than silver colored default screws to mount the windscreen is this position.

For me this fourth position almost eliminates the buffeting. But the windnoise stays high... Maybe need to buy another helmet.

Ferdinand.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me more...

4th position? Please give some more details on this... I am quite curious... have you any photos you can post?

·
Registered
351 Posts
t

4th position undocumented , sounds cool. You can definately work with 04 screens, over the more problematic 02-03's. Never used the laminar lips but, I bet they would be a good option. Actually also look at the MRA screen thread. There is a black DL650 with a tinted screen on ,looks good.

Scooter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts