StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I just purchased a new 2011 in white last week. I have owned over 30 motorcycles and currently own a GL1800 as well, the family bike. I have to say I am very impressed with everything about the bike with the exception of the stock seat. I also was interested in the Triumph 800 just can't see a 4K difference in price. I have 800 miles on her, just now getting to the fun factor...So far it's "Great."

·
Registered
56 Posts
welcome chazzman
I bought a white one about 7 weeks ago and also ride a 1800 09 limited
have fun with them both

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome to the cult! I've had my white Wee since April and have around 7500 miles on it. You're gonna love it!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Had mine since January 15. Went on one long trip to Big Sur and the S. Cal desert area. Had a nice look around Joshua Tree National Park where the DL650 was first introduced to the motorcycle magazines back in late 2003, I think.

Mike Brown
Vancouver, WA

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome to the club. I picked up my white 650 back in May and I love it. I am embarrassed to say that I do not have as many miles on her as other folks, but I am always excited about riding it. Work and weather have kept me away from it, but I have some big trips planned over the next couple of months. All I can say is what a great bike. The more time I spend on it the more I love it. :hurray:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I am very impressed with the stock suspension. I have never had a bike that the stock suspension was satisfactory. The handling is unbelievable, I have had her over to the edge on the tires and never dragged a peg... The stock screen in the low position is perfect for me, brakes are great, bike just really holds a good line through the turns. For the money just don't believe there is a better bike on the market. The only thing I hate is the seat... The gel pad from Walmart with some NASA foam added is working well for now. Probably in the fall or winter I will send to Diamond for an upgrade.

·
Registered
285 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts