StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't ridden in about 10 years. Gas prices, family situation and a bit of life insurance money made it time to get back on two wheels.

Brand new DL650.

Forecast was for rain. No biggie. So I drove the 50 front-range miles from home to dealer, got all new gear and my new Wee. 15 miles in and temp has dropped and I'm soaked to the bone. Wife, following in the car, and I pull off to see if it will clear up. Then... GIANT snowflakes!

Got a hotel. 35 miles from home.

Dinner and a movie with my wife. Falling asleep that night I told her that this is actually one of the fringe benefits of riding. Getting stuck can provide forced opps for real relaxation.

Home now. Dry and warm. And looking forward to some better weather to break in the new ride.

And I'm a huge SW fan. So being a Stromtrooper definitely appeals to my geeky side! :biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Welcome to the site. To me there's not much worse than being cold on a motorcycle. I would rather be hot any day. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got a hotel. 35 miles from home.

Dinner and a movie with my wife. Falling asleep that night I told her that this is actually one of the fringe benefits of riding. Getting stuck can provide forced opps for real relaxation.
The best and happiest motorcycle travelers (whether touring or commuting) are those who are flexible.

Congrats on the new Wee, and welcome back to the life.

·
Registered
213 Posts
TK-421, why aren't you at your... Er... nevermind. Hooray for SW geeks!

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the fun house!

·
Registered
82 Posts
New Wee

Sounds like you know how to turn a bad situation into a good one. The bike will open up lots more good times. Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went the opposite direction a week earlier...

Congrats!
I live in south Denver and bought a used '04 Wee in Falcon a few weeks ago and was lucky enough to drive it home in the sun. Me and my boss (a Beemer rider) managed to get out and do a loop last Sat. from Denver to Palmer Lake/Monument on 105, to the Springs, then back up 83. Chilly, but THOROUGHLY enjoyable!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
welcome to the club. good choice on stopping for the night and being happy about it.

now go get some gear that will do a better job of keeping you dry because some day a place to stop won't be quite so convenient.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts