StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! After 10 years of riding my Honda Shadow 1100 I decided it was time for a change. I guess the cruiser thing just wasnt doing it for me anymore. I had an opportunity to buy a 2008 DL650 at a great price, so I sold my Shadow, bought the Wee and here I am.

The riding position is a whole new experience to me. The Shadow was my first bike so I didnt really know much else. I cant believe how much more 'in the zone' I feel now, and the quick handling is quite a change too. Yes there's noticeably less power at the very low end and above 55mph, but everything in between actually feels quicker to me.

I'm really looking forward to using all the expertise and advice on this forum. Seems to be quite an active community.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a private party sale. I actually don't know much about the dealerships in the area. Any recommendations on a place with a good maintenance team?

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Welcome to the fun...realize that all those dirt roads are now fair game!

·
Registered
289 Posts
The dealer here in Muskegon is Babbits. They are pretty big. They have Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Suzuki. I don't know about their service department because I do all my own wrenching on my bikes. I got my 2011 Vstrom in February from Peacocks up in Baldwin. They had a black one and a white one. I got the white one. Got a good deal on it. So far I have been really enjoying the bike. Haven't got to ride it much lately since it hasn't stop raining all week. Do you plan on going to The Blessing of the Bikes in a couple of weeks up in Baldwin? Get in touch with me it would be nice to have someone to ride with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Muskegon rider

I also live in Muskegon. Got my 2012 wee about a month ago. I'm having a blast and would be interested in meeting up for some rides.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. Bob here. Just joined this after picking up a 2005 650 VS over the summer and looking for folks to ride with. I live south of Grand Rapids, but love GH so willing to go for a ride.....to go for a ride and meet new people. Let me know if interested (not much left this season of course, but in the Spring).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Other Vstrom riders in Michigan?

They aren't very common in the Lansing area, at least. My name is Josh and I've had my 2012 DL650 since April of 2013 and would love to find other riders in the area (or anywhere around MI, really). I use the bike mostly for touring, and have done a couple of Iron Butt rides, but I'm always down for a day ride as well.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
welcome !!!! I was in the same boat, cruisers just weren't doing it for me anymore .................... welcome aboard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts