StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've been riding about 4yrs and had a GS500.
I finally had the oportunity to upgrade and I chose the new WEE have been planning this for a long time.
I picked up the new bike a 10 days ago it is great so comfy and easy to ride very happy new owner!!! :hurray:
I did 980k's in the first 3 days got 1st service done, then did a 3 day trip to Northern NSW.

My wish list I had added to the bike is as follows because if it wasn't done now it probably wouldn't get done:

Having the final farkle added tomorrow sw-motech top box adaptor plate for GIVI monokey.

Already done:
sw-motech crash bars
sw-motech quik lock EVO Carrier pannier racks
2 x Givi Monokey E36 panniers (one with internal power connection)
Givi Monokey E45 as the top box (with internal power connection)
Suzuki Centre Stand
Suzuki Undercowling
Radguard Radiator guard
Suzuki knuckle cover set
Oxford Heated Grips
Single seat conversion for cheaper rego.
home made carrier tube.
Dash power socket.
GPS mount hardwired.
Switched accessory power fuse box for GPS, grips and pannier and dash power sockets.

The following is on order:
Givi quicklock tank bag
pannier liner bags
white rim tape
reflective tape for panniers and top box.

Hope to learn from the more experienced owners on this forum.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Welcome Gotawee,

So you will be at the Annual Gathering this year at Bingara NSW :confused:

Sounds like you are already getting the bike set up for it. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Ock.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my new WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Okerstrom.
Not sure about Bingara have to see when it is and if time of work is available.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Thanks Okerstrom.
Not sure about Bingara have to see when it is and if time of work is available.
There is a sticky thread about it in the Australian section of the forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi gotawee,
do you have any more info on the single seat conversion? Where'd you get the single seat from?Can you explain what you had to do from a certification perspective to get the cheaper rego?
I presume the rear foot pegs had to come off (and I've heard the bolt threads red to be drilled out) Is that what you had to do here in QLD?
Cheers
h

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi gotawee,
do you have any more info on the single seat conversion? Where'd you get the single seat from?Can you explain what you had to do from a certification perspective to get the cheaper rego?
I presume the rear foot pegs had to come off (and I've heard the bolt threads red to be drilled out) Is that what you had to do here in QLD?
Cheers
h
Hi Honez
I had the single seat done through Springwood Suzuki as part of the purchase deal.
It is the original seat for the bike just modified.
All they did was remove some foam and put some hard plastic under the seat on the passsenger part and remove the rear pegs which are in the cupboard at home with other bits off the bike.
So they can be put back on, if I decided to go dual seat rego at all or heaven forbid sell "Sparkles". :yikes:
Then the compliance plate is added and all done.
They definately didn't drill anything.

My old GS500 single seat rego was done exactly the same through an independant bike person.
I think it does depend on who you go to though.

It is well worth the saving of at least $170-$200 off insurance costs therefore making rego more managable especially if you know you will never take a pillion which is the case for me anyway.

Cheers Gotawee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts