StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This months Motorcyclist Magazine has a less-than-flattering article about the new 2012 Wee-Strom in it. Skimmed through it real quick before leaving for Chili's wife the wife. Will require a closer look, but it seemed that the artice was not an overly positive one.

Just sayin... (for Big B)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Since it is more or less a cosmetic overhaul, I doubt if the reviews will be overly positive.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Please , that magazine is know to cave in to advertisers. Suzuki probably is not planning on spending much with them Zero creditability

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/07/leaked-docs-show-motorcyclist-caved-to-advertiser-pressure-fired-editor/

·
Registered
629 Posts
Well, really, what is there to write about. The VStrom is getting a little long in the tooth as far as upgrades and enhancements go.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Maybe so, but I'll wait for Motorrad to do their testing. We may be surprised (assuming we can get an English translation).

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
When I read it, it sounded to me like they wrote it right around the time that Suzuki was playing games with slowly releasing tidbits of information, and that seems to be mostly what they were griping about...article seemed to be more about the announcement rather than the bike itself. Given the lag time between when an article is written and when it hits the streets much much later, that seems about right.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
well, they mentioned cast wheels, not spoke, and the weak front suspension, along with it not being a real contender in the adv category, compared to a tiger 800 or bmw 800, but... I don't see the wee competing with those, not at $8K. Aside from the cheap purchase price, the lower TCO/service cost etc. those are the draw to the suzuki stroms, not prestige, bragging rights, hard core ADV riding, dirt worthiness (ok I know some of you ride dirt), etc. The Wee is an inexpensive capaple comfortable cheap low maintenance dependable realiable fun bike. did I say cheap? please, understand, I like cheap. but I get what I pay for.

·
Registered
390 Posts
There's no brochure yet, therefore Motorcyclist, home of the "quote the sales brochure as HARD AS YOU CAN" so-called reviews was a bit out of sorts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts