StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hurray:

Just picked up a 2008 DL650. Unfortunatley, I got it from a dealer. I typically buy used bikes from private parties but these babies are hard to find even down here in So. Cal. It has 7800 miles on it and looks to be in perfect condition, not a scratch on the yellow beast.

Has a new Dunlop Sportmax StreetSmart tire on the back and looks to be the stock trailwing on the front. I paid 5K for it. Not sure if I paid to much or if that was an ok or bad deal???? Completely stock so no farkles.

I any case what's done is done and I think this thing is a keeper, I have gone through a KLR 650, GS 500 and last was an FZ600 ( to much for me ). The V Strom seems to be just right. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about this bike and this looks to be the perfect forum.

Cheers!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! You will love the Vstrom...

·
Registered
516 Posts
You did just fine. Now you can make it your own by adding just what you wish. Welcome to the insane asylum

·
Registered
47 Posts
You did good. Have fun. Ritch:thumbup:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Welcome to the mayhem

I just love my bike and I believe that you are in for a real treat! Welcome to the nuthouse. You're in good company! :beatnik:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I forgot to tell you PUT CRASH BARS ON IT FIRST!:biggrinjester:
+1. Even if you never drop it. Some clown in a parking lot will park too close and hit it with their door. I actually saw the guy who hit my crashbars coming out of the Grocery store.

·
Registered
242 Posts
got my crashbars today. I'm short-legged enough I'm not taking any chances...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts