StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a nice 2006 Wee with 63k miles. Bike appears to be in a great shape with many of the additions I would have made already there (bash plate, fuel bot, engine guards, highway pegs, air horn, throttle lock, Corbin seat, adjustable windshield, Givi trunk).

Coming most recently from an XT350, the Wee feels great on the pavement and terrible off! I’m assuming once I adjust to it a bit, I’ll be more comfortable on gravel/dirt. Has PR4 tires now, hoping some new shoes will make it more off road worthy in the future too. I’ll try channeling my old KLR650 off road experience.

I’ve had a KLR, several smaller dual sports and a slew of older street bikes. Hoping the V-Strom is just right for me. Fuel injection is awesome! Cleaned/synced more than my fair share of carbs over the years and won’t miss that at all.

Looking forward to many miles and memories on this one, hoping to keep it around for a while. Heard this forum was the place for all things Strom related. Looking forward to poking around and learning from you veterans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,045 Posts
yah, it's said that the Strom is not really a dirt bike but talent and experience and the proper tires will allow you to do wonderous things. Send back videos of the wonderous.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome, the wee aint no KLR or XT and somewhat top heavy, but it can go places that normal road bikes can't with aplomb and tear up the roads getting there-I love my 09 wee. It is what it is. Learn what it can and can't do. It's versatile, but not a true 50/50 on/off bike to me, more a 80/20. Some guys do single track stuff (not me! -check you tube videos-amazing) but I do enjoy dirt roads, forest roads in upstate NY-mostly blacktop though. It's a fine ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ordered my E07 rear and 804 front, time to get better in the gravel/dirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! New tires are definitely better in thin mud and dirt/gravel. I've yet to do anything crazy off-road, but my driveway is a 1/2 mile of gravel/dirt and I'm experiencing a much more controllable commute in/out of the house each morning. If it ever stops raining, I'll hit the woods trail around the property and see how I make out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts