StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - great forum. I also belong to TDIClub and really appreciate the interaction I've had there the last 3 years.
So - I'm between bikes (sold toys, got married, had kids, moved, etc.) and I'm ready to get back on 2 wheels. I live on gravel (1 mile the long way, 5 miles if I take the shortcut), my commute is 78 miles each way. 45 miles pretty, but straight, 2 lane, 30 miles interstate, 3 miles downtown traffic. I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam. I've ridden the Buell Ulysses, Kawasaki Versys, and a 2005 Triumph Tiger. No Suzuki Dealer in central Kansas allows test rides, which is a BIG hang-up for me. The Buell had gobs of torque and good MPG rating, but pricey, strange, and in stock form I did not like it on the interstate. The Versys was very nimble, cheapest of the bunch, but my perception is that there are fewer accessories and it is less of a "pack mule" than the Wee. The Tiger was smooth as silk, good power, but not as much torque as the Buell, rode nice, but I am concerned about future maintenance and reliability compared to the Wee. I've received a "hard" quote from my local Suzuki dealer on a new gray Wee, and it appears he is about $200 higher than I can get if I drive 500 miles, so if it wasn't for the fact I cannot test ride one there, I'd buy from them (if I buy a Wee) and negotiate the inclusion of a center stand or hand guards or something.
So far, I think I've narrowed it down to either a used '05 or '06 Tiger (too bad I cannot afford an '07 - they're nicer looking) or a new or if I can find one, an '07 or '08 Wee. Anyone have any experience between the Tiger and the Wee. I know - it would probably be better to compare the Tiger to the V, but I can be content with a 650.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've Decided

Well, I've decided. Fellow Stromtrooper member had a nicely equipped '08 Flat Black Wee he was looking to upgrade to a bigger bike. I pick it up this Thursday. Cannot wait to get some miles on her!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new wee! You won't be disappointed. The strom is a great bike. Very reliable and loads of fun.

SS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts