StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Just another 2 wheel junkie jumping on to take advantage, and hopefully offer, advice and props to all the enthusiasts all over the globe.

I have had my 09 650 for 3 years now and love it. It has almost 45,000 miles in it. No, that wasn't all me. I bought it from a gentleman who was a KC-135 mechanic, and who was also a badass bike guy. She has everything that any Vee Wee can have from custom electrics, big belly plate, and the seat from a 1000 for my fat behind.

I have found for my limited skills, it is a big heavy bike to do any major off road stuff. However with the nobbies I can cruise down the highway with my brother in law next to his road glide in comfort. At the same time, she really shines on dirt roads and logging tracks too, or main roads that look like something out of Berlin in 1945. I can easily explore anywhere halfway through a long ride, or buzz around the many beautiful dirt roads or nasty paved ones, all over New England with ease, speed, and comfort.

I will probably someday go to a 1000, but for now I am loving my great bike and my 50+ mpg even when I leather it a bit.

Hope all is well with everyone! Stay safe and rack those miles on whatever surface you fancy!!!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Where in NH?
Lived in the Sunapee Region for many years and my dad lived in Chocorua/North Conway for many years before that. NH has some great roads to explore and the 650 is well suited to the mountain roads--paved and unpaved!
Rode my '09 650 from Virginia to NH and back, and did a tour of the Notches with a buddy on his R-1150rt during Covid, Lockdown # 1
Great platform for travel. I will always jump on a section of slab here and there to cover some ground, but give me the secondaries and older state highways most any day.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Window Wood Handwriting Font Art

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Where in NH?
Lived in the Sunapee Region for many years and my dad lived in Chocorua/North Conway for many years before that. NH has some great roads to explore and the 650 is well suited to the mountain roads--paved and unpaved!
Rode my '09 650 from Virginia to NH and back, and did a tour of the Notches with a buddy on his R-1150rt during Covid, Lockdown # 1
Great platform for travel. I will always jump on a section of slab here and there to cover some ground, but give me the secondaries and older state highways most any day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I currently live in Central NH but am from the lakes region.

My friend is building a place up in Errol. I think that with the advent of the atv road travel, Strom dudes and others will be able to utilize those trails up there as well. Wouldn't go up there before July though, mud and bugs will mess you up.

Gonna tune her up soon. Needs tires, chain and sprockets, one of the reasons I joined. To peruse around and see what people like to run. But not just as a tourist.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Reactions: K9 Wee

·
Registered
113 Posts
Awesome! glad to see another strom guy from HN. I live in Hooksett. There is a bunch of strom guys that I ride with in NH. Hope to meet up and go for a ride sometime.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey all!

Just another 2 wheel junkie jumping on to take advantage, and hopefully offer, advice and props to all the enthusiasts all over the globe.

I have had my 09 650 for 3 years now and love it. It has almost 45,000 miles in it. No, that wasn't all me. I bought it from a gentleman who was a KC-135 mechanic, and who was also a badass bike guy. She has everything that any Vee Wee can have from custom electrics, big belly plate, and the seat from a 1000 for my fat behind.

I have found for my limited skills, it is a big heavy bike to do any major off road stuff. However with the nobbies I can cruise down the highway with my brother in law next to his road glide in comfort. At the same time, she really shines on dirt roads and logging tracks too, or main roads that look like something out of Berlin in 1945. I can easily explore anywhere halfway through a long ride, or buzz around the many beautiful dirt roads or nasty paved ones, all over New England with ease, speed, and comfort.

I will probably someday go to a 1000, but for now I am loving my great bike and my 50+ mpg even when I leather it a bit.

Hope all is well with everyone! Stay safe and rack those miles on whatever surface you fancy!!!!
Sounds like a well-taken care of bike!
I'm super jealous to hear you're getting 50+ mpg.
I'm only getting around 40 if I try super hard to keep rpms low. I'm also only 155lbs 😭

1 - 11 of 11 Posts