StromTrooper banner

New Wee Coming... Black Or White?

1177 Views 13 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  barryg
After much searching (new and used), I will be picking up a new 2011 Wee with ABS later this week. Now the only question is which color... the black or the white? I REALLY wanted a 2009 in orange, but none to be found in southeast Michigan, plus I'm getting a great price on the new one. This will be just in time as we are riding out to Minnesota in July.

Black or White???

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
522 Posts
I like the white since it is a new color to the bike and blends the accessories in well. It's your dough, just spend it the way you want.

· Registered
76 Posts
I had that problem once long ago and just bought both of them.

That said, I have seen a couple of white ones tricked out and they were impressive. So much so I am tempted to buy one in white myself. There are some fun things you can do with the white to dress them up and all the farkles will go with either but a black bike is harder to keep clean. I had a black beemer and when I bought a new one got the beigy looking light metallic color because it didn't show dirt so bad . White on the other hand will show greasy spots when you service it so it is all a trade off.

The white would be my vote this year , just because it looks new and different in white.

BTW there is a farkled out Orange Wee for sale at Riders Hill in Dahlonega Ga . It is totally farkled out already and fairly low miles. I forget the asking price but it is probably pretty good knowing them . Owners name is David. Call them if your heart is set on the Orange.

· Registered
22 Posts
Darth,

You've got to make this choice all on your own. With that said, I purchased the white a few months ago and I love it. The bike looks very sharp, and as already mentioned, farkles look great on it.

One thing to consider when you make your choice is the decals. I think that the decals look great on the black, they blend in well and almost look like they're painted on. The decals on the white did not blend in, you could clearly and obviously see the edges of the decals. They reminded me of decals on a model car when I was a kid, they look alright, but there is no question that it's just a sticker stuck on there. One of the first things I did to my bike was remove the decals.

· Registered
689 Posts
Color is up to you. Seems like the one in Ga. is the color you want. Would be a great fly and ride deal. The Dragon, Cherahola Skyway, Blue Ridge Prkwy etc. and you would get the color you want. I wanted yellow and used so I waited a year and got a great deal.

· Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
527 Posts
Too each his own, but I hate WHITE!!! Shows too much dirt. I jsut got a black one.
Almost agree. I saw both side by side at dealer and the shiny black was real nice with blacked out exhaust. The silver wheels with white paint failed to excite. When I took a second look it was only to see the black one again.

To be fair, black is the hardest to keep clean. Strangely, white shows less dirt than black in my experience of owning two past cars in white and four past cars in black.

· Registered
297 Posts
I bought white. I like the aluminum-colored wheels which match the engine. Love the way the white (metallic flakes) sparkle in the sunlight.
Adding on to this post, the color is actually Pearl not white, so its not the pure white color you might be thinking of. If you haven't already, go look at both in person. I hated the "white" color in pictures but in person the color pops and is nice. Nice enough for me to walk away from the black and get the white. Plus you stand out from the norm; there's alot of black bikes out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.