StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Howard and I live in NC. I purchased a 2011 Vstrom on 7/29/11 and very impressed with the machine. I have been riding both street and dirt for many years. Even though it is still in the "break in period" where you should not go above 5000 RPM, it still does 65MPH at that engine speed. Handling is perfect for my needs! I think I am going to really enjoy this bike for local commuting and some touring as well. Great bike for a fantastic price!

I decided on the Vstrom by doing a lot of research on the bikes that are in this category. The reviews and feedback on many sites sold me on this motorcycle over say the KLR.

Nice to meet you all!!

Howard

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Howard,

Welcome aboard!

Whereabouts in North Carlina are you located?

Enjoy the new ride,

Norm

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Welcome,

That's how I bought my first Wee - Research, Research and Research.

You have a great bike! Ride Save and Enjoy.

Bruce

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NC

I live in Mooresville Norm (28117). It is close to Charlotte.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Welcome! I am a KLR owner of the past (actually, it's the only bike that I have bought twice), also had a BMW GS, then to the DL1000. For me the Strom is a great fit.

You can look forward to many happy miles from the bike and great advise from the forum.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Welcome. The bikes fun factor is very high and I really enjoy riding it. I think you will as well

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I live in Mooresville Norm (28117). It is close to Charlotte.
Let us know when you head out west, there's a fair number of members here who are looking for any excuse to show you around some of the under-travelled backroads.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome and enjoy, the Wee is AWESOME!!!!

I have been playing for a few months now and ride EVEN chance I get.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess mine is newer than yours. I purchased my first V on Saturday 7/30 end of the month deal they said. I will pick the bike up this Saturday as I haven't had time to get it yet. I sold my 1975 Norton Commando and after a lot of reasearch I also cose the V. I Really feel bad about selling my Norton as it's been in the Family since new. At least it will be going to a good home. I just got tired of working on it after every time I rode it. My son wasn't interested in it so what the hell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi i just bought my 2011 v-strom on 7/28/2011 and i already have 2600 miles logged on. i love this bike. its very comfy on the long rides and i get great fuel consumption. its a great bike. perfect for what i ride, anything from highway to the dirt roads in northern newengland.
andy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts