StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Almost "newbie" here. I have a check in my hand and I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 2011 White ABS version tomorrow. I'm getting the "bags" deal Suzuki is offering right now - $200.00 for the brackets and hard luggage. I also told the dealer I want the heated grips and hand guards. Here's the deal - I have a 2011 Orange Kawasaki Ninja 650R with 5500 miles on it to trade. I know you always get screwed when you trade, but if we're close on the price, I can overlook a little loss for the convenience of not having to sell privately. My Ninja is showroom perfect - never dropped - kept in a garage. I've looked at NADA and I think I'm looking at a low-end trade value of about $4100 and a high-end of $6200. Somebody sharper than me (most on this awesome board) do some quick math and give me a target out-the-door I should be looking at for this 2011 Vstrom, minus my trade. I owe about $4200 on the Ninja. Thank you, and looking forward to the Vstrom. I've met so many people riding them who just love them....they're foaming-at-the-mouth raving fanatics. I rode a friend's - holy cow what a great bike. I've been riding for about 35 years through various cruisers and sport bikes. I turn 50 next year and want something very comfortable for leisure travel.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Only someone in VA can help you with OTD price because some states charge taxes and registration fees at the dealer and others don't.

Since you still owe money on the Ninja, why not keep paying it off and wait for the 2012 model?

I'll bet that after the dealer makes you an offer, if you tell him "Thanks, I've decided to wait for the 2012" he will tell you they won't be available for centuries and will cost twice as much......

The 09 DL650A was available in early November, but the dealer didn't know delivry until a week prior. So you mi have longght not have long to wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts