StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Group,

now the proud owner of 2013 wee-strom,spring delivery.

Looking for others close by that like to ride..next spring.

Cheers,

Gary

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Welcome aboard! Great area to have a Strom!

There are a number active riders up in your area. I suspect that many have slowed down their riding activities but I bet you wil get some replies before long.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Break her in right in the spring.
Find your way westbound to Foymount and just keep riding around in the Highlands until you exhaust your available time, or you need to get her home for an oil change. Want more info? Send me a PM.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just south of Ottawa

I to drive a 650, 2004. I have been looking for another Stromer in the area to ride with. So next spring I welcome the chance to meet another Stromer.

Osgoode ON:thumbup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hello Group,

now the proud owner of 2013 wee-strom,spring delivery.

Looking for others close by that like to ride..next spring.

Cheers,

Gary
Yep, there's me and others. Yes, we'll ride in the spring.

Welcome aboard.

Marc

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome, I'm not very far north. I've got a '12 wee myself though she's nice and cozy in the basement now. Looking forward to next spring.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wish I had access to my bsmt..I have to wait till spring to attach all the farkle...

I'm amazed how much there is for the wee

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome! I am always up for a weekend excursion. Will have to wait till the spring now but am planning a couple of routes already. I live near Munster hamlet area, will meet anywhere.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One of my favorite routes is over the narrows bridge..then into Westport

Or 511 to Lanark, then the back roads to McDonalds corners

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
If you're at MacDonalds Corners then be sure to eat at Wheelers Pancake House.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
welcome from Kingston! I met a couple guys from here for a fall ride. Great group! Can't wait to get a spring ride going :)

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
There will be the annual "Road Toads" meet in Bancroft in April. Probably the first or second Sunday. Generally we get a good showing of riders from all over Ontario including Ottawa and Kingston area.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Those who were at Bancroft last year might remember Dieter who come was riding with me from the HU meeting, he was riding hos BMW GS. He's in South America now with 4 others riders on a 3 week ride. I get a SPOT message daily from him.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Understand on his last trip he as hit by a car ... Or he hit a car ...know of him for years.

I'm still a member of the Ottawa BMW Motorcycle club

·
Registered
487 Posts
already got some good back roads trips planned.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I am really missing the bike today, pretty much all I thought about the entire day at work LOL.

I booked off vacation for May.16th weekend, going to spend a couple nights in upstate new york with some friends. May not do a ton of riding depending on weather in which case a few beers will be drank! If anyone else wants to come along on the ride send me a PM.

Ride will be leisurely paced as the fellows from here I am have ridden with already can attest to my slowness LOL. (i.e speed limit or slightly higher for the most part).

·
Registered
712 Posts
I booked off vacation for May.16th weekend, going to spend a couple nights in upstate new york with some friends.
I'll be doing my usual run to the Adirondacks for camping, a round of golf (borrowed clubs), fly-fishing and scotch drinking with friends in early June, followed by more camping, fly-fishing, and scotch drinking in the Catskills. Ten days in all if I can manage it. Camping, fly-fishing and riding the VStrom are a good match. VStromming and scotch drinking are mutually exclusive activities. Good times always - been doing it for 19 years, only the last three with the bike.

Ride will be leisurely paced as the fellows from here I am have ridden with already can attest to my slowness LOL.
!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts