StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a few posts from people who have made a change from a pre 2012 Wee to the new 2012 (Glee). I would love to hear more from experienced Strom owners who have made the change (Greywolf(e) please comment if possible) about how they like the new model and what if anything they liked better about the older bikes.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greywolf, I just found that thread. BTW, I really enjoy reading your posts.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Thanks Greywolf, I just found that thread. BTW, I really enjoy reading your posts.
Thanks. I'll PM an address where you can send money. :biggrinjester:
Don't wait up though.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I found a few posts from people who have made a change from a pre 2012 Wee to the new 2012 (Glee). I would love to hear more from experienced Strom owners who have made the change (Greywolf(e) please comment if possible) about how they like the new model and what if anything they liked better about the older bikes.
My highly modified seat was slightly better on the old bike. Stock though the new seat is vastly better than the old.

The new mirrors are a PITA. I gave up and fitted Double-Take mirrors which are intrinsically more adjustable.

The riding position doesn't work quite as well for me, the rider is pushed a little further back. If you don't have stubby little arms ;), probably not an issue.

I think that's about it for 'old was better'.

New brakes,engine,handling,suspension,aerodynamics are all ahead and it's better on and off road.

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts