StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post. Took delivery this morning then rode the 54kms home to Katoomba . Wind was rather strong and I was very aware of the 'Tyre Lubricant', but, what a fantastic bike! Did a run out to Bell and return also later this arvo. Just captivating. Picked up my 16 year old young bloke from his work later and brought him home on the back. He is more enthustiac than myself. Had Givi panniers fitted, heated grips, bark busters and a center stand while I wait for the Top box and mounting plate to arrive at the dealers before first service. Still to organise crash bars for some sort of protection so will try to get then for fitting at that first service. Given the ABS and Fuel Injection, I was happy to pay for the 5 year full parts and labour warrenty. Now to ride the break in period. Fantastic bike. Look forward to participating in this forum. Rod

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rod. There are lots of 'troopers, Stromers, call them what you will, living in your general area including me. Keep tuned to this site, I guess you already have been, for general yakking and lots of helpful tips. Your list of accessories is an excellent start but for tip #1 OEM tyres often called " death wings" are not for spirited riding and not the best in the wet.

We are all somewhat prejudiced here but the bike is a genuine diamond. You will continue to be impressed, it never ceases.
Post often and tell us of your rides.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome Rod, nice bike:thumbsup: and it only gets better. Hope to catch you on a ride soon.

:cheers2:
BOB

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Welcome aboard Rod. Your bike looks good, with a good start on the farkle stakes. You'll be thru yhe run period in no time and enjoying the wee no end

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome, great bike, I will keep an eye out for you on the bells o line when my strom is back together (currently apart for fitting of more accessories).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sunday morning..still raining! Spent time in the shed yesterday and fitted the Madstad brackets. Very impressive, however, ran into problems when putting Suzuki Plastic Trim Covers back on the windscreen. After much wasted time I finally realised that there was no thread on the insideof the nut which is inside the rubber Well Nut supplied by Madstad on the back of the bracket. Left one has thread...right one does not. No wonder the new M5 X 25 screw would not take up! Have contacted Mororrad and requested a new Well Nut to suit. I ordered the Brackets before I got the bike and was amazed when they arrived before I took delivery. Have contacted the dealership already, (Friday arvo), and requested that the Heated Grips they fitted before delivery, be run through a relay, rather than direct as they are now. Short run Saturday morning, saw me leave them on twice. Lovely to have warm grips but sensless when the motor is not running and the battery is discharging! Meanwhile, forecast is for 'Clearing Shower's' and its not raining now. Using a "Glass half full" approach to life, I hope to be able to get out later. My wife, who is on 'Ls' has caught the bug also and asks continuously, can we go out now? We were out in Woolworths car park yesterday morning before th real rain started and had both the new Wee and her 250 Yamaha V Star parked together. I had not realised the difference in size between the two bikes. Astonishing. Rod

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Great to see you aboard ENJOY.Take it easy as you learn the bike in the wet .
Remember fit the farkles that your need and improve things, bling ant the thing .
Most people who have fitted a folk brace would do it again as it improves stability in wind ,that would be next recomendation.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Have contacted the dealership already, (Friday arvo), and requested that the Heated Grips they fitted before delivery, be run through a relay, rather than direct as they are now.
There is a connector for heated grips located behind the radiator at the top. It's a bit hard to find but if you poke around in there long enough you will get it.
You then get the heated grip connector cable from Jim at Eastern Beaver and join that to your heated grip power wires. Everything will then work off the ignition as it should.
The connector behind the radiator is really only for low power devices but I have heard of people running GPS off it instead of heated grips.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Heated Grips

Thanks for the reminder of the connector for me too Kiwi. Last winter I fitted some heated grips I obtained from Suttos. These are just the element only type which are not the Oxford type that have the whole grips included. I connected to the battery with an in-line fuse and added a keyed switch so as not to forget to turn them off. I know for sure that I would forget to switch them off. Your post reminded me that I had seen a reference to this connector before ....but of course forgot about it.
I'll now change my set-up as it is a better way to go. Thanks for the reminder.

Saturn 5......the big daddy rocket!

·
Registered
186 Posts
WELCOME !

Remember:

Rule number one of the strom club.

You don't talk about the strom club.

Just kidding Let's go for a ride after you break down the engine. do it smothly and with LOVE.

I always nood other bikers if they deserve it BUT WE SHLOUD HAVE AN INTERNAL SIGN FOR THE STROMTROOPERS :hurray::hurray::hurray:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts