StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm awaiting my 14ADV version due sometime around March. I have the pricing for the bike, but I do not have pricing the Suzuki accessories. Namely, the new tank bag, heated grips, center stand, and the LED driving lights. The SuzukiCycles.com accessories area part of the website is not up to date and the new V Strom specific website doesn't give pricing. As well, the dealer has no info either.

Anyone have info here? Can't wait to see it all in person at the Cleveland IMS end of January!!

Phil

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can give you 2 CDN prices having purchased the 1000SE model a month ago. The grip heaters (new design hurrah!!) are $225, and the LED driving lights are ~$545 but you will need the 'accessory bar' or equivalent. Suzuki has not released bike(s) to the aftermarket suppliers yet according to my local dealer.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. If conversion holds true and they keep the same market pricing, that's about 210 for the grips and 510 (ouch) for the lights. Luckily the Adventure model comes with that accessory bar.

So, what's the quality like for both of those??

·
Registered
240 Posts
twisted throttle..etc..

Talked to the guys from Twisted Throttle and they will have a bunch of "stuff" for the new 1000...like Trax boxes, etc.
These guys are bikers and have treated me very well over the years. Never a problem with any of their products.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The dealer advised the previous grip heaters were roundly criticized by the dealers so the new design is wrap-around heat for example. We looked carefully at the lights on the dealer portion of the website and it appears they are to meet conditions worldwide.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks man. If conversion holds true and they keep the same market pricing, that's about 210 for the grips and 510 (ouch) for the lights. Luckily the Adventure model comes with that accessory bar.

So, what's the quality like for both of those??

Yeah, Ouch! Those would have to be some deluxe grips for $210.

Oxford has their heated grips at Twisted Throttle for $60. I think I paid $80 a couple of years ago for my pair. Thinking of getting a spare set as the rubber is starting to wear on my Sport model.

I wonder if Eastern Beaver will do some of their wiring accessories for the new Vee. I have used Jim's products in the past for both my Wee and current Bandit 1250s and have found them to be real time savers. I suppose he'll have to get his hands on one to see what connectors are used.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm sure....

I'm sure that there will be "tons" of stuff for the new 1000 just like there is for the "old" one.
Better start saving your $$$$$$$$.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Is it my imagination or does the bash plate and crash bars on the models look like SW Motec?
That's very possible. SW-Motech has been the manufacturer of some Suzuki branded accessories for years.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's very possible. SW-Motech has been the manufacturer of some Suzuki branded accessories for years.
You are correct. SW-MOTECH has been working with Suzuki and most of the othe motorcycle manufacturers for years. They make things like luggage, carriers, crashbars, skidplates and centerstands to OEM standards. Often times they then re-engineer them to an improved standard and sell under their own (SW-MOTECH) name.

Kevin

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You are correct. SW-MOTECH has been working with Suzuki and most of the othe motorcycle manufacturers for years. They make things like luggage, carriers, crashbars, skidplates and centerstands to OEM standards. Often times they then re-engineer them to an improved standard and sell under their own (SW-MOTECH) name.

Kevin
It'll be good to see what TT comes up with for accessory options.

That said, and being 100% new to the V Strom world (former Bandit1250 guy), I'm seeing two different "under engine" things. One looks like a metal bash plate as mentioned above, and the other like a plastic cowling. Am I seeing this correctly??? I'm getting an Adventure model that the Suzuki-vstrom site says comes with the cowling, but the site doesn't show an option for the bash plate that I've both seen and heard mentioned in reviews. Thoughts??

ImageUploadedByMO Free1388175297.929280.jpg

ImageUploadedByMO Free1388175311.340573.jpg

·
Registered
899 Posts
Bash plate = off-pavement use. Chin guard / cowling = pavement use. The OEM cowling is probably enough to protect the oil filter from the occasional rock kicked up by the front wheel.

The OEM accessories are probably going to be pretty pricey. A year from now, there will probably be lots of choices for aluminum bash plates, if that's what you want.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I will be happy if SW Motech is the manufacturer for the VeeII accessories. I have their engine guards on my Wee, and they are perfect. The smart aftermarket companies will get up to speed real quick, as I believe this model is going to be big! We are blessed with a number of good aftermarket vendors including but not limited to Twisted Throttle. :thumbup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bash plate = off-pavement use. Chin guard / cowling = pavement use. The OEM cowling is probably enough to protect the oil filter from the occasional rock kicked up by the front wheel.

The OEM accessories are probably going to be pretty pricey. A year from now, there will probably be lots of choices for aluminum bash plates, if that's what you want.
Hey Glenn. What I guess I meant to say was that I'm confused by the lack of accurate OEM accessory option details from Suzuki. Guess it may be a bit early. Unless cleared up by then, I hope to answers at the IMS Show in Cleveland end of January. In reality, my bike won't see the kind of off-roading where I'd need a bash plate, so the stylish plastic version will be just fine. But.......ya never know.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think that the best value is buying the ADV model which, unfortunately, we are not getting here in CA. An even better value is, buying the ADV model used with low mileage. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts