StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking in to say hey.
Thanks to Kieth, I jump on the spring band wagon and got out for a tour yesterday. First ride of the new year. Seen a couple other Stroms out'n'about too. Looks like its drying out in the south niagara area now so i gotta ride. Later.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Welcome.

There seem to be lots of Canadian Troopers !

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Keep'in the dirty side down

Welcome. Congrats on the early ride this year.
But I'm wondering about tour signature ..
Keep'in the dirty side down .... because most Vstroms are dirty enough that it's often hard to tell which side should be down. We're not know for out ability to keep our bikes in particularly clean and shiny show condition. ha ha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess i'm use to touring around with some cruizers, who like the shiny side up. And to be honest i haven't seen many, if any, stroms with great gobs of mud on them. Just keep'in it real. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome Tigger, I live in St Catharines, have to get together for some rides this year, currently have my cams out and waiting for shims from Clares. You're right about not too many wees coated with mud. You will see a lot of dirty vstroms though. Strommers are more into riding in inclement weather and less into cleaning their bikes like cruiser owners are

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We stopped at Clare's on our ride Saturday. They had a few riders stop in, but they were happy to see a larger group of riders stop by. Maybe we'll get together later this year for a ride.

·
Administrator
13,570 Posts
Welcome aboard Tigger!

I'm sure you will enjoy your ride.. the wonderful roads in Upstae New York and Pennsylvania are very close to you... I'm jealous!

..Tom

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
I'm glad the weather was balmy.

Welcome, Tigger. I spent a few years in St. Catharines,
going to a school on the west side of the old Welland Canal.

It was a while ago -- the flag was different then.

I visit the Niagara Peninsula a couple of times each year, but not usually during oyster season.

Keith

(Eat oysters only when the name of the month contains "R".)

·
Registered
404 Posts
You guys are lucky to ride this early. I picked up my '12 650 yesterday but I won't be riding anytime soon, at least not before the bears wake up! we can't ride before March 15 due to QC winter tire law no matter the weather anyways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have heard of the winter tire law in Quebec, but I didn't believe it was enforced on mc's. How do trail rated tire fit into the equation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keith I can't figure out what school that is. I'm not that familiar with St. Kitts. I stick around Dain City more.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Howdy!

Welcome Tigger, I live in St Catharines, have to get together for some rides this year, currently have my cams out and waiting for shims from Clares. You're right about not too many wees coated with mud. You will see a lot of dirty vstroms though. Strommers are more into riding in inclement weather and less into cleaning their bikes like cruiser owners are
How are old John, Randy and Robin doing? I worked for the Clares at the Fenwick store for five years back in the 80's. I ride mine 7 days a week for both commuting and recreational purposes during the season and it rarely gets cleaned. I get up to SoOnt once in awhile. Keep your eyes peeled for a real dirty K7.

·
Registered
323 Posts
How are old John, Randy and Robin doing? I worked for the Clares at the Fenwick store for five years back in the 80's. I ride mine 7 days a week for both commuting and recreational purposes during the season and it rarely gets cleaned. I get up to SoOnt once in awhile. Keep your eyes peeled for a real dirty K7.
John is still kicking around. Do you remember Bob McDonald, he doesn't work there anymore (I don't know what happened there) but he's a member of the CVMG along with myself

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yep....

John is still kicking around. Do you remember Bob McDonald, he doesn't work there anymore (I don't know what happened there) but he's a member of the CVMG along with myself
Sure do. Bobby was a very accomplished and professional service manager and was instrumental in getting me hired at Clares in '84. I had heard both he and Doug Gillespie moved on to different ventures a few years after I left. I emigrated to the states in '92 and after investigating some other things have found myself back in the motorsports business. Give him my regards if you run into him and maybe we can get together for a ride some time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts