StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it be necessary to remap the fuel injection when I install a new slip on exhaust. Please bear in mind I don't really know what "remapping" is, just heard it mentioned.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Slip-ons

I would say probably no. If you went to a full exhaust you'd want to remap the fuel injection. If you feel the bike is running lean after putting the slip-ons on, then you should remap. Remapping is to fuel injection what rejetting is to carburetion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would I know if the bike is running lean, is backfiring and popping on decel a symptom? . that's what my SV did with a slip-on, K&N filter and no rejetting. Removed the K&N and it went away.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Two Brothers and asked them if remapping would be required and they said no, "bolt it on and go"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Two Brothers pipes arrived Saturday, but unfortunately couldn't install them as my kids were here for the weekend and I don't want their mother to know I have a new bike(long ugly story), so absolute agony wanting to install them and ride. so i'm laying in bed last night thinking about being able to install them this morning after the kids are at school, when it dawned on me instead of laying awake thinking about it, just go do it. So I installed the pipes at midnight, took about 40 minutes, and I'm not mechanically inclined.
So I got to ride it this morning, I love the sound of a piped V-twin, and when I got back the Zero Gravity shield I ordered was here, so that has now been installed and I will have to test ride that this afternoon, I love this bike.

J

·
0 Posts
I installed Two Brothers slip ons and a Power Commander on Saturday. What a difference!! Sounds great and the acceleration is smooth and quick. I was worried the pipes would be too loud. They are perfect for my ears...loud enough to be heard but not too loud.
Don :D

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Sound clip

Any chance one of you guys could record a sound clip of the bike @ idle and when revving? I can host the .wav file if you need me to.

Pfletch, please give a review of the ZG screen when you mount it. Which one did you get? I'm considering the Double Bubble.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
internet

Are they hosted on the internet or are they on your hard drive?

If they're on your hard drive then that won't work. I can host them for you. PM me off list and I'll give you my e-mail address.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry can't do a soundwave of the pipes, I don't have the equipment or the kowledge to do so, but they sound real sweet, not too loud(which Iwas concerned about) but loud enough that I feel a little more comfort lanesplitting.
As far as the Zero gravity shield goes, for me it SUCKS. Nice product, fit and finish is excellent, but turbulance at head level is worse than stock. I'm 6'-0"/6'-1" approx. Looks great on the bike, tinted. I got the Sportourer model, I originally ordered the doublebubble but when they called to ask which tint, dark or medium, I changed it to the Sportourer. I'm gonna call them and see if they will change it for the doublebubble because it looks so good on the bike I would like to try the doublebubble.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
C?

Which pipe shape did you get? There's three different types. Round, large oval, small oval.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool, mine sounds about the same, looks different because I got the carbon fiber.

Kidder I spoke to Zero Gravity and they said a lot of people my height were not happy with the Sportourer shield, so no restocking fee. They are sending me a double bubble to see if I like that. If not there will be a 20% restocking fee.

J

·
0 Posts
I got the small oval. I was told they don't make the large oval for the STROM.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the large oval carbon fiber, the large oval is not available in aluminum for the strom, only cf, x-metal and titanium. Of course as soon as I placed my order for CF I was wanting to change to Titanium. Too many choices!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is a pic on the Two Bros website of a Strom with CF cans, thats probably why I chose them. My Strom is the 03 Silver so I think they look a little better on mine. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great stuff guys. I am set on getting aftermarket cans for my Strom, but I was unsure of which ones to get. I had kinda put the Two Bros at the bottom of my list as heard they are very loud and they required frequent repacking, but they are the least $$$ as cans go.

I had moved remus up to the top of my list until I heard that Akrapovic was developing an exhaust (I confirmed this with an email to them) so they are right up there, but will be typical Akrapovic expensive.

The sound clip sounds great...anyone have some good pics of the Remus pipes and the ability to post a sound file?

Decisions decisions...which pipes to get...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts