StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would drop by and say hello.
I picked up a 2006 strom 650 last weekend from a long time member in the panhandle.
Wow what a bike. I have a Honda VTX 1300 as well, and when I road it to work yesterday I hardly recognized it. What a completely different ride. hard, loud, slow in the corners, and big. (still fun)
Anyway, I live in St Pete and was wondering if anyone could guide to a nice long dirt road to get me and the bike broke in. (in the good way)

So Hello,and I look forward to meeting some of you soon.

Matt

·
Registered
251 Posts
new trooper

welcome to the group. We quite often have events here in the Tampa-St Pete area. Watch the Florida stromtroopers area and join us as you wish. Generally we can get 1 to 12 bikes together. Curt

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
I have to say it.

I tried not to say it, but the temptation overwhelmed me.

Welcome, Matt.

I'm so sorry.

Well, not really. The Florida Stromtroopers are a cordial bunch, and within a few weeks there will be an opportunity for you to meet some of us and swap some lies and hear some terribly old jokes.

I appreciate that the DL-650 and the VTX-1300 are very very different. I have a bike that differs from the DL-650 in the opposite direction, and it is fun in its way too. I have verified that it is indeed more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow.

If you read some recent threads in the Florida section, you will get some glimpses into what motivates us, and what we do about it.

Keith

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome, and if you find a "dirt road" in ST Pete tell me about it. Even the lawns have this really cool "gravel" here. I did ride in my back yard, which is mostly dirt now that watering it is so taboo in these parts.

I have a 2006 650 as well. I am usually at Biffs on Wednesday/ Saturday. I ride every weekend rain or shine for the most part. It's the only therapy that works to keep me out of the asylum.

Clem

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks again for the warm welcome, I look forward to meeting the whole group.
ironmorph, what time do you go to biff's on Saturdays? I don't have much time this weekend (Nephews birthday) but I'll be riding by sometime today.
It's a beautiful day, I have been riding the V all week. Now it's the weekend and time for the WEE :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry, not going to be able to make it. Nephew extravaganza starts at 5:00
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts