StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on some new treads: metzeler RoadTec what a difference smooth and nice and quiet. So far I love them. I put about 170 miles on them today.

·
Premium Member
5,070 Posts
I always like Metz except the price. Very secure footing even when wet and I liked the profile which "tipped" the bike into a corner a bit quicker. Keep them in mind for the CB500x down the road. Let us know how they stand up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s funny what you say about the profile. They definitely seem to like the corners much better over the stock tires. I thought is was just because of the wear on the stockers so I learned something new. Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just fitted Metzeler Roadtec 01 to my bike after using Michelin PR4. The Michelin performed well but I like how the Metzeler transmit less road shock than the PR4 and their grip level seems even better than the PR4.

·
Premium Member
5,070 Posts
I never felt the P3s to have the grip of the Metzlers but that was a while back and compounds change.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am going to try the Roadtec01 once I kill off my PR4s. The Road 5 is too expensive, and I detest the PR4 telling me about every micron of change in road contour.

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
" I liked the profile which "tipped" the bike into a corner a bit quicker"

I really noticed that with a new 805 Shinko compared to a much worn 705.
New tires can be wonderful things!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts