StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time bike owner, new Wee owner.

I only got about 5500 out of the OE tires, which is super lame - my BMW K1200S would get similar mileage out of its tires, but I was putting all 176hp to work several times a day!:confused:

I initially thought I wanted Heidenaus, but at $340 for a pair :yikes: err, no. Maybe next year when I'm in better shape financially.

While I primarily commute (56 miles/day), I do take it off into the dirt on the occasional weekend. I'd prefer not to put street tires on - especially since they look dumb on an Adventure bike and I am looks conscious. :green_lol:

I've enjoyed my Pirelli Scorpion ATs on my dual sport when doing almost all pavement/fire road, but it doesn't come in the right size front... Anyone find a decent front that works well with a Pirelli Scorp rear?

Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
My Battlewing front, with over 13k miles on it, still looks almost new! :thumbup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like the battlewings better then the Scorpions I'm using now. After only 3500 miles I can see the end of the scorpion coming soon!

I'm gonna cheap out next and get some Shinko 705s next. At about 160$ a set I figure if they are junk then I didn't lose too much!

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you crash. :thumbdown:

I ran the Shinko Raven 009 on my K1200S; decent enough, but slicker in the wet, and a little interesting when they were cold. IIRC, I ran 6 sets one year.

I'm looking at the sizing and considering 110/80 - wondering if there are any fitment issues?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Long time bike owner, new Wee owner.

I only got about 5500 out of the OE tires, which is super lame - my BMW K1200S would get similar mileage out of its tires, but I was putting all 176hp to work several times a day!:confused:

I initially thought I wanted Heidenaus, but at $340 for a pair :yikes: err, no. Maybe next year when I'm in better shape financially.

While I primarily commute (56 miles/day), I do take it off into the dirt on the occasional weekend. I'd prefer not to put street tires on - especially since they look dumb on an Adventure bike and I am looks conscious. :green_lol:

I've enjoyed my Pirelli Scorpion ATs on my dual sport when doing almost all pavement/fire road, but it doesn't come in the right size front... Anyone find a decent front that works well with a Pirelli Scorp rear?

Any other suggestions?
I'm in exactly the same boat. Road performance is also important for me as I like to scrape the pegs when the road gets twisty.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got 12,000 mi. out of Anakee IIIs and I really liked the handling, but I left 1,500 mi. on the rear because the front wore out first. Didn't really love the OEM Trailwings but I went back to Bridgestone and am running Battleax T30s now. I have about 600 miles on them and they require much less counter steering pressure than both previous tires. Maybe even a bit squirrely at first but I am starting to like them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm now on Shinko 705s and I like them. Work well wet or dry, solo or 2-up.
The first 100 miles, the front took a lot of effort to steer, felt really funny leaving the shop.

Good enough to get the pegs down in the dry.

Will see how they do on mileage next.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
"Unless you crash"

Unless you are speaking from your own experience that is just poop in my experienced opinion. The Shinko's will allow peg scraping traction in the twisty stuff. Decent mileage too. Great product for the price.
edeslaur is right about the odd heavy front steering but one gets used to it. I have probably 10K on the front and don't see much wear yet. The rears get 6K or so.
Actually the Heidenau K60 seems to break loose a bit, my shinkys never gave that feeling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heavy steering went away in 60-100 miles. It's really weird because it's like that at 5mph.

I have lots of miles on Shinkos. The rear better last more than 6k. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts