StromTrooper banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

1st post. I am looking at a new 2011 650. As you may or may not know, Suzuki is offering the luggage and hardware for $199. Good deal?? I just can't seem to find a photo of what they would look like.

Thank you, in advance for any re-directs if necessary.

Regards,

BW

·
Registered
489 Posts
They are probably selling the oem luggage that has been standard on the strom for a while now. These have had some mixed reviews. You can find info on the site by searching oem luggage in the google search engine up top. At $199 for all 3 pieces of luggage and racks, you can't go wrong.

Here is a pic.

Welcome to stromtrooper. You are gonna love this bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are probably selling the oem luggage that has been standard on the strom for a while now. These have had some mixed reviews. You can find info on the site by searching oem luggage in the google search engine up top. At $199 for all 3 pieces of luggage and racks, you can't go wrong.

Here is a pic.

Welcome to stromtrooper. You are gonna love this bike.
Thank you. The price is only for the side bags. Top box is on sale, but not part of the deal......yet :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Even just for the panniers, $199 is worth it, at least to me. Even if they turn out to be not very durable, you get to find out if you like panniers for a pretty low investment.

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Welcome

:thumbup: Welcome to Stromtroopers, Great Forum and great bike to ride and enjoy.

For $199 you cannot lose on the bags, get a top shelf and case to go along with the side bags if you can afford it. Very useful tools for carrying whatever you like on our bikes,

Have fun, enjoy the ride, and let me know if I can help you out in any way,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On what Planet?
Excellent feedback and much appreciated. I will know within a week if the deal goes through. My last bike was a GS Adventure loaded to the max. A big brute of a bike that could do anything except float. Now I am on to a more subdued ride. I don't need the monster bike but I do need one that I can properly farkle and take on long jaunts (400 miles / day for 5 days is typical).

BW

·
Registered
239 Posts
OEM Bags

My Wee came with the OEM bags and racks. For my riding they work great, I am mostly a commuter, with a OEM topcase bought on this site, I have all the storage I need. With the 12 Wee coming out soon with new bags, Suzuki is probably clearing out the warehouse. A good is a good deal! Ride safe and often!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've seen ads for the '11s going for $7200, plus $199 for the side bags.

The '12s seem pretty close to the original, if you don't need the latest and greatest, seems like a good deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just finished an 1100 mile ride through NY touring the Adirondack Mountains, Finger Lakes, and Letchworth State Park. My wife and I both have 2006 DL650's - nothing 'Wee' about them in my opinion. We rode in the rain for part of the trip and the Strom performed perfectly. Every gas stop the MPG was 63- pretty impressive since we both had a weeks worth of gear. We averaged 6-8 hours a day riding without any discomfort (stock seats). Can't go wrong with a DL650.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Luggage

Taking delivery next week on my 11 wee, bags installed. $7400 including bags freight and prep. Not a bad deal I thought. Already have a bunch of farkles waiting in the shed :)

BW

·
Registered
350 Posts
Cool. Hope you like it. You would have been crazy not to have gotten the bags. Even if you don't like them you can sell them for >$200 all day long on this site.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts