StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say "Hi". Just bought a blue 04 wee. Been searching for the next bike for years. Couldn't afford the ktm, bmw, tiger, and couldn't get my hands on a transalp. So here wee go. I've ignored the vstrom for years because of the ugly front end and street look. The more I looked and read, the better they looked. Now I have one and she's a dream to ride. Scorpian slip-on on the way( gotta here her). 4700 original miles with a few upgrades. Does anyone else hate the word farkle? Anyway, looking forward to laughing outloud with some of you guys in the future. This site has already been extremely helpful. I set my clock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Lost Sailor, 'Welcome' and ditto! I'm also brand new to both. I was a dyed in the wool 'green' fan, but the more I looked at the V-Strom, the more it seemed in a class of its own (unless you have squillions of $$$). I got approval from the boss for a new orange 2012 and I still pinch myself every day I get to ride it. Couldn't possibly be happier with the Wee :)

Hope you have many hours and miles of fun on yours. Keep it shiny side up :mrgreen:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Scorpian slip-on on the way( gotta here her).
I'm new to the Wee and this forum as well. Just picked up an '06 and the 1st big upgrade is the can. What made you decide on the Scorpion? I like the weight and carbon looks as I am going for a "black-out" on mine.

I was stationed in MD some time ago. "Lost Sailor" a reference to Annapolis?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Lost Sailor:

You should love the new 'Strom.

Like many in here I have gone through a few bikes ... not as many as some guys, but quite a few.

While I have settled pretty much on the "Strom and FJR as my 2 rides; when all is said and done the bike I ride just for chuckles and grins is almost always the DL. And if I could only have one scoot without a doubt it would be the VStrom. They're just fun, not to mention capable, durable, dependable and versatile.

Enjoy and don't be afraid to take it anywhere.

·
Registered
122 Posts
WELCOME! couldn't agree more with the comments of being held back from my Wee by the looks........... and they grow on you like an ugly child, and I fondly look look at mine as a unique entity despite being "just" a piece of replicated production; that just so happens to be lots of fun despite its utilitarian aspects. As far as Austrom comment of keep it shiny. I don't and so what? Have fun, be safe!

·
Registered
71 Posts
As far as Austrom comment of keep it shiny. I don't and so what? Have fun, be safe!
Nah mate, 'shiny side up' as in, take care, don't fall off, keep the shiny side uppermost and the not so shiny side pointing at the road! :thumbup:

Agree though, ain't nothing wrong with getting her grubby, that's why we own adventure bikes, not garage queens. :iagree:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice to here from you all. "tntj" Lost sailor is a greatful dead tune, don't know the author. But one of the lines is," always a place you wanna be, always aplace you wanna see, till you wake up one day and reallize theres no place you can be." I like to think i'll keep searching inside and out. The reason for the scorpian exhaust. Found one barely used, price was right, doesn't need repacking or any retuning. Hope it sounds good, thats really what I'm after. Can't get past the scooter sound.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I has been riding with a group of 6 guys for over 30 years. We used to all have BMW's, then a few moved to Honda's, Moto Guzzi, Yamahas, etc. Currently 3 of us have Wee's. We are all happy with the light weight, power, and low maintenance. The Wee is a simple bike and just fun to ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts