StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am a brand new rider and have gotten a 2007 DL650 as my first bike. Been riding it for 3 weeks so far and absolutely love it!!! Was thinking that I wanted a cruiser type of bike before buying and now glad that I didn't. The V-Strom is so comfortable and easy to ride, makes me feel like I have been riding it forever.

I am in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. Anyone know of any groups around here? Would like to eventually meet some other people to ride with once I get some more experience. Also looking for a recommendation for a good tech in the area.

I was into a shop today and asked about a tune-up for the V-Strom and the guy told me that it could be over a grand depending if the valves needed to be done, is this true? Or more specifically, is this something common? I don't think it needs a tune-up at this point but was just checking for curiosity sake.

Any comments are appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a brand new rider and have gotten a 2007 DL650 as my first bike. Been riding it for 3 weeks so far and absolutely love it!!! Was thinking that I wanted a cruiser type of bike before buying and now glad that I didn't. The V-Strom is so comfortable and easy to ride, makes me feel like I have been riding it forever.

I am in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. Anyone know of any groups around here? Would like to eventually meet some other people to ride with once I get some more experience. Also looking for a recommendation for a good tech in the area.

I was into a shop today and asked about a tune-up for the V-Strom and the guy told me that it could be over a grand depending if the valves needed to be done, is this true? Or more specifically, is this something common? I don't think it needs a tune-up at this point but was just checking for curiosity sake.

Any comments are appreciated

Thank you
Find another shop if and when you think your bike needs attention. You should get a 16,000 mile service done for US $250 + - a few $. I can't help you on finding riding buddies too bad we don't live close. Welcome to the world of V-Stroms :thumbup:

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Too bad you didn't post sooner.. We had a meetup/ride this past Sunday.

If you haven't already, check out the Canadian section and you will see an active group of riders around you. There is a ride in the summer that will be heading more in the west area.

..Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Find another shop if and when you think your bike needs attention. You should get a 16,000 mile service done for US $250 + - a few $.
Thank you for the info, I figured the pricing was high but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard!

Too bad you didn't post sooner.. We had a meetup/ride this past Sunday.

If you haven't already, check out the Canadian section and you will see an active group of riders around you. There is a ride in the summer that will be heading more in the west area.

..Tom
I will check that out, thanks for letting me know! I will keep my eyes open for that in the summer, hopefully be part of it.

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
Welcome

Expected Shameless PLug VVV

Look In Events >>> 2012 Northeast Strom Adventure 8-3> 8-5:yesnod:
Is that rally March 8th through May 8th? What year? If thiss year then it's over. Is it next year? Seems like a long Rally!

..Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts