StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I believe its affectionately called...:)

Sold up a heavily tuned Bandit (just offered for sale) for the 650 strom.

change of direction.

More focused on touring with pillion and rallies etc

Would have to be most comfortable bike ever ridden :)

Loving the fuel consumption, the comfort, the handling, cant fault it yet, even on the displacement drop I've taken, through choice, its no slouch that's for sure! n still abiding the run in rev limits :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!

It's a nice ride for sure, I've almost managed to get 5k miles on mine. I took it home July 1st.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
"GLEE" works in some circles, but the DL650 owners i rode with last weekend all agreed that "GLEE" is not what we associate with :)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
"GLEE" works in some circles, but the DL650 owners i rode with last weekend all agreed that "GLEE" is not what we associate with :)
Agreed. Absolutely hate it. But see the thread Greywolf attached for the definitive name.

Congrats on the bike! I am a previous sprotbiker that cant handle the wrist pressure any more... I downgraded from 2 literbikes... but I still love my 'Strom! Handles good, fun to do trips with the luggage, dirt/gravel roads I would never have taken my other nikes down... it is a great bike!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hmm , I am wanting to upgrade to a Bandit for the power .

Welcome to forum

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i had the bandit 1200 followed by the bandit 1250 that had every option that dale walker could come up with, in addition to $2500 suspension. I loved it!!! but the seat was too small for my wife and i to even consider being comfortable. Also it needed highway bars of some sort for the long rides. I could not tell much difference between the 1200 and 1250 except the 1200 had a muzzy and holeshot headers where as the 1250 was all Holeshot--the MUZZY sounded sweet :) holeshot just ok.

·
38,103 Posts
Please get off the name and back on subject. I've already posted the link to the nicknames controversy including old derogatory threads and we don't need any more. Call your bike what you want but don't piss on others' choices. We are all allowed our preferences and we need to respect everybody's right to their choice.

·
38,103 Posts
Everybody is responsible for the rules. Copyright infringement can get the site in legal trouble. He's lucky I saw his post before fatalerror did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Way to welcome the new guy. heavy handed as usual and no discussion allowed.

I guess we will probably lose another new member now. :headbang:
Yup you got that one right mate, think i'll just pull right outta here n leave you guys with old greywolf to boss you around.

This forum sucks bad from WAY WAY overmoderation FFS

And he deleted my post , no message no nothing to explain.

Rude bastard you are greywolf.

might see you on the road someday Foxorange

I'm outta here,

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yup you got that one right mate, think i'll just pull right outta here n leave you guys with old greywolf to boss you around.

This forum sucks bad from WAY WAY overmoderation FFS

And he deleted my post , no message no nothing to explain.

Rude bastard you are greywolf.

might see you on the road someday Foxorange

I'm outta here,

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
Well, this VStrom forum has been the most informative of all that I have been on. Pretty much any question posted is answered fast and accurately by people here with far more knowledge than myself... and usually the fastest to post needed and accurate information when we are in a pinch is Greywolf. So if you are leaving because he deleted a copyrighted link, then buh-bye!

·
38,103 Posts
It has become clear to me why so many previous moderators have quit. The joy of helping people is the only pay and it has an abuse tax.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Typical. :thumbdown: Respect is a two-way street.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
It has become clear to me why so many previous moderators have quit. The joy of helping people is the only pay and it has an abuse tax.
I for one appreciate the information and assistance you have given me since joining due to your knowledge of the v-strom Greywolf :yesnod: and would say others would agree.

If you don't do the wrong thing you won't get deleted :fineprint:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Graywolf, just because the name thing has been addressed previously is no need to deleete threads. NO rules have been broken. Most of us only get a few minutes a day for this forum and don't have the time you do to read and remember it all. for future reference, when you delete my threads, please be respectful and tell my why. it's all good...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Graywolf, just because the name thing has been addressed previously is no need to deleete threads. NO rules have been broken. Most of us only get a few minutes a day for this forum and don't have the time you do to read and remember it all. for future reference, when you delete my threads, please be respectful and tell my why. it's all good...
Well, the orginal deleted thread was because he had posted copyrighted material. That is a no-no in general... not on just on this forum. The feds don't like that stuff. So that part is not Greywolfs fault, he was just doing his job.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
So that part is not Greywolfs fault, he was just doing his job.
true...but i've had threads deleted before because it had already been discussed before, and, i have read very interesting threads that were locked up that were not breaking any rules. place nice is fine. lock it up is fine too. I just THINK the respectful thing to do is say something before dropping the hammer.

i'm done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts