StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Townsville, Australia and just purchased a 2012 Vstrom 1000 in January and so far I have done 14,000k+ and wore out my first set of tyres at 11,500k. The bike is fitted with Staintune pipes, full givi luggage, 1" bar risers, touring screen and extender fender.
Previous bikes have been 96 XTZ660, Suzuki Bandit 600, 96 Harley Shit box, 05 GSX1400, 06 DL650,08 GSF1250 Bandit, 09 DL650, 12 DL1000.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the community :thumbup:

Far out, you have covered a lot of k's in not a lot of time. How are you enjoying the Vee? Have you found it much different from the Wee (650)?

·
Registered
104 Posts
2012 Vee for me as well. Only 250 miles of her so far.

When I am riding the V-Strom you couldn't slap the smile off my face.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Welcome friend, you have found a great place for information on your bike. I see you have owned 2 Wee-Strom's in your past. I am surprised you hadn't found us before now to be honest. You are going to find that there is a very active group of Australians here. They all seem to be a friendly bunch. Hook up with them and you will find some good riding mates too I expect. Even though I am in the USA, I have visited your fine country. I even looked into moving there back in the mid 70's.

Again, welcome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Livo, well yes I have done some Ks on my Strom since purchasing as I have taken some time to stop and smell the roses as they say so I have not been working for six months. I loved the wee they are an awsome bike but for the Ks i do the V is more comfortable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is yours Red because that's the only choice we have here in OZ. Mine also came with the inherent popping through the air box and the Suzuki Dealer here says he never heard of this before so I offered to print some comments from the forums, it goes in tomorrow to be checked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah my friend I have the same feeling, see "bandit4817" on youtube, only have 1 for the v so far but the others are of the Bandit1250.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Doug, Mate I have been checking out this site for years and have finally had the time to join and talk to other people with the same passion for their bikes and the information other Strommers post is invaluable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had the bike done and all seems good so far as i have only done a short ride around town.
They found the throttle bodies were out of sinc and the manifold was nearly off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts