StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Stromers,

I am in the process of moving to Northern NJ. Likely moving to Cliffside Park/Fort Lee area. After a few searches on the site, I'm not seeing any recommendations for roads to ride. Any suggestions from those in the NJ-NYC area?

What roads or region would you recommend for someone to make an escape for several hours to a day?

Not afraid to slab it for some time to get to decent riding. (Hoping that it won't take too long on the highway to get to fun roads.)

Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
340 Posts
A large amount of the nice roads North Jersey offers up are in the western half. Anywhere from north of Trenton up to Port Jervis has some great riding. You have to work your way around Phillipsburg, but it's not a big deal. Check out the regional forums over on advrider. There's a lot of really good guys posting up about rides, and there's the tag-o-rama games too that are always good for a destination.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A large amount of the nice roads North Jersey offers up are in the western half. Anywhere from north of Trenton up to Port Jervis has some great riding. You have to work your way around Phillipsburg, but it's not a big deal. Check out the regional forums over on advrider. There's a lot of really good guys posting up about rides, and there's the tag-o-rama games too that are always good for a destination.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check out ADVrider.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my favorites: Harriman state park, Bear mountain, Skyline drive, port jervis.
first 2 are like 15-20 minutes from fort lee. fantastic places...

·
Registered
175 Posts
There are lots of good roads in north Jersey and northeast PA, just get out there and explore. Most of my riding is 0n the PA side of the river. In NY 97 north out of Port Jervis also called the Hawks nest is a good ride. If you are interested in sightseeing there are lots of thing up there. Roebling's Delaware Aqueduct - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Zane Grey Museum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, US 6 is a nice ride, Honesdale has a couple of interesting museums. Get out a map and go explore!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Really can't go wrong when heading North and West. Lots of good riding in the area. You could Explore Deleware Water Gap park, that's a good start. Head toward the Catskills, lots of good stuff. Look at map and pick the squiggliest lines you can. The destination isn't really important.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts