StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a khaki 2014 dl1000 it was a demo left over. I took it for a quick spin when I got home ....what a difference from my full dress harley. I already am more comfortable with it in 15 minutes than I was in years of riding my Harley. I wish I did it years ago. Any tips to a newbie?

·
Administrator
17,389 Posts
What is the purpose of your thread title?

·
Registered
611 Posts
If you are going to ride mostly paved roads, and your experience is on a dresser, go do a couple of track days that offer cornering instruction coaches to find out what you and your new machine are capable of...your enjoyment will increase exponentially. If your intention is to do dirt, go out with some patient dirt riders to help you...don't go alone if you are new to dirt...at least if you're an old fart like me?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
+1 on the advice to get some cornering instructions. One of the big differences between these bikes and cruisers is that you can shift your weight around (i.e., off your bum) and go waaay sideways on curves. Mountains are a lot more fun on a bike that leans! A little coaching when you start off can be a real help.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The poster may be a spammer trying to sneak a url past the filters. I'm following up after removing the company info.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This bike loves corners. I've got smaller chicken strips on this one then my S1000rr. I guess it really is more fun to ride a slow bike fast then a fast bike slow.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The OP got back to me so I thinking his computer was hacked and turned into a spambot. We'll see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts