StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have probably read my recent posts, regarding problems my 2012 Wee2 is experiencing. When yet another weird, electrical-related thing began happening, I decided enough is enough.

So, I began casually looking for a replacement Strom. I'd wanted a 2020 blue one, with factory cases, etc., but the prices of those seem to be increasing, as we approach winter, not decreasing, and locations of available bikes (Cycletrader) seems to be moving farther away.

Because of this, and other issues, I widened my search, and found a 2014 white Wee2, with only 75 miles on it (yes, 75 miles), for a fair price, and fairly close to home, so I called and made an offer, which was accepted, and I got the bike last evening. By the time I got it home it had 210 miles. :)

No warranty, but bike certainly looks new, and ran flawlessly, for 135 miles.

My old bike, a 2012 Wee2, Adventure model, has OEM side cases, which I like, a Givi (V47?) top case, a lower, front (black plastic) cowl, and OEM hand protectors, all of which I'll move over to the new bike.

So, for less than half the price of a new 2020, I'm starting over, with a new-to-me bike. Have already moved the insurance over, and will be asking you guys, and gals, in another thread, about the value of my 2012 Wee2.

Anyway, I, again, have a Wee2, and one with 51,000 fewer miles than my previous bike. I'm pleased.

Reactions: Big B and Gert

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Congrats on your L4 Glee. Now that you have two bikes that you can compare wiring, etc, any chance of tracking down any of the issues to sort out your L2?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and thanks for the suggestion but, at this point, I think I'll just perform what should the relatively easy task of moving over the things I want, to the "new" bike, and either keep the 2012, for parts, or, preferably, sell that bike for rather little, and I'll just start over with the 2014.

To be truthful, the 2012 doesn't owe me anything. I bought it used, for a fair price, rode it for 25K miles, and five years, had a ton of fun, and will now remove some of the goodies, from it, and either keep it for parts, or sell it, for whatever I can get. Somehow, after a spring, summer and fall of doing non-career work, on a variety of machines, and other things, I just don't have any enthusiasm for starting to look for electrical gremlins. If someone buys it, I'll tell them it has ABS issues (not working) and other electrical issues, that I can't really define. If someone wants to work through those issues, they'll have a solid bike, for little $ (to me, anyway).

If it doesn't sell, at all, then I can see some value in having an extra set of wheels (let someone else change the tires, for a change). I could drop off the extra set of wheels, and a set of new tires, and let a local motorcycle mechanic, I've recently become aware of, change the tires. I've changed enough of them, caveman style, lol. And, I'd have all the other parts of the bike, to rob, if necessary, in the next five years.

Again, thanks.

:)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Mine has 50k miles on it. I don't think I could get a lot for it if I sold it. Probably around $2500 bucks. Best to try and sell it in April of next year.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Agree. April sounds good. Don't know exactly what I'll ask, but will be well below $2500. Probably less than half that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes.

Near Marion.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spent most of the day, today, moving things from one bike, to the other.

Went fairly well , all in all.

Lack only hand guards.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C59ADFFE-9560-4035-AD7F-FEBFA80DF31C.jpeg

Thing one.

Thing two.

·
Administrator
17,520 Posts
Big congrats and helluva deal!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big congrats and helluva deal!!
Thanks, Brian.

I hope you're enjoying your new bike.

🙂

Oh, and congrats on the win, yesterday.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Are you going to swap your color panels. Easy to do. I did that to my 13 Wee Gray to Red.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you going to swap your color panels. Easy to do. I did that to my 13 Wee Gray to Red.
No, I guess not. I like the white. In fact, I wanted one of these, in white, when they were first offered, in white, but a decent deal, on a used black one popped up, so I took it.

I've had some of the panels off the black one, when I did the valve-adjustment job, and you're right, it's not hard, to remove them.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'd take a shot at fixing your black's ABS problem. But I'm kinda going on a down hill DIY slump lately. Not really feeing it.

Hope the new White works well for you. You have a parts bike too. ;)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd take a shot at fixing your black's ABS problem. But I'm kinda going on a down hill DIY slump lately. Not really feeing it.

...You have a parts bike too. ;)
Thanks for even thinking of assisting, but it looks like you're a long way away, anyway. I've spent from March, until now, working on: Wee fork rebuild, oil change and tire change, then rebuild of a John Deere riding mower, for one of my kids ($1,000 in parts, alone), then general maintenance on my car and truck and riding mower and push mower, plus same for my mom's mower, then a bunch of work on a new-to-me Massey Ferguson 4x4 farm tractor (days of work, there - many hours of fairly hard work, but good progress made), and, now, brush clearing on a 8-acre parcel of land, that I bought a couple years ago. A season full of manual labor, on top of my 40-hour/week job. Just zero enthusiasm for taking on another project, especially on a topic (electrical) of weakness, for me.

And yes, on the parts bike, assuming I don't sell it. Thinking of listing it here, soon, in case anyone nearby wants a winter project. If that doesn't work, I might list again, in the spring, and maybe put beside the road with a for sale sign on it. If that doesn't make it disappear, then I guess I'll keep it. I can see some advantages of having a parts bike...

Anyway, thanks for the thought. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts