StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I rode my new to me Wee home yesterday. 2005, 18,000 miles. Did a lot of reading here before I pulled the trigger. Great forum! The moto is pretty much my main means of getting around except in winter (end of Nov thru mid March here in 'sconnie). My other bike is a '04 BMW 1150RT and I've been on the prowl for a lighter, lower maintenance around town and commuting bike to add to the fleet. I tried the BMW F650 which didn't appeal to me. Engine was really buzzy and from everything I've heard the bike is high maintenance. The Wee has a very similar (comfortable) riding position to my RT and I was blown away by how smooth it is-I could barely tell the engine was running. Now I've got all winter to futz with with it. Center stand and crash bars are first on the list.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Welcome to Stromtrooper.

WARNING!

You sound like you are coming down with a condition well known here called Farkleitis. It seems to happen to many of us. I know that when I caught it, it caused me to spend over $3000 dollars before I recovered. :thumbup:

Enjoy your bike, they are nice.

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
You may end up doing what I do...banish the beemer to the back of the garage in favor of the Wee. Congrats on the acquisition.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to Stromtrooper.

WARNING!

You sound like you are coming down with a condition well known here called Farkleitis. It seems to happen to many of us. I know that when I caught it, it caused me to spend over $3000 dollars before I recovered. :thumbup:

Enjoy your bike, they are nice.
Try enduring that affliction with a BMW! :shocked:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts