StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
picked it up today. Has a few scratches on the right side and the bars have bit of a tweek to them. Has 8,000 mi came with everything pictured for $4300 fair deal if you ask me. Have a few questions. What handguards are they? What is the stock fork height (tube above clamp)? They Motech side brackets are missing the bracket that mounts but the rear shock adjuster, is that something that I can order? Pretty sure the bars aren't stock any idea what they are? Not sure what the windshield is says V Stream on it and looks like it has been cut down. Is that a V seat? Fork caps look like they were taken off so I'm not sure about the oil/springs, there isn't anyway to tell is there? Will post specific picks if it will help answer any of my questions.

and a work pic

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
few more questions.
what wrong/ missing it this pic (had to cover the reflector so flash would do its thing)?

exhaust cap appears to have been removed or messed with, does seem a bit throatier not sure though

just another pick of the fork tubes and junk

·
Registered
219 Posts
few more questions.
what wrong/ missing it this pic (had to cover the reflector so flash would do its thing)?
The screws that hold the front fender on are known to eventually split the plastic. Perhaps that is what you are seeing here. Are there 2 screws on the other side?

Many folks tend to do an "evasive maneuver" and add large washers to their fender-screws before the cracking begins.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think the answer to the height of the fork tubes above the triple clamp is 0 inches (or 0 mm for metric types).

Looks like Suzuki handguards and a V seat. Rear rack is not stock. V-Stream is brand of windshield, probably not cut down.

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
522 Posts
Looks like a nice clean bike for the money paid.

Not sure what the handguards are but I'd keep 'em as they have a good metal frame which the V units do NOT have. The bars look to be a hi rise ATV-type bar, non-tapered, possibly a generic brand. With those no bar riser is needed ... again a keeper. Nice skid plate. I have those quick release SW Motech side case brakets which are super easy, but carry a flat headed screwdriver and check all the attachment points when you stop as 1-2 may loosen which has never been catastrophic at all. I picked up a used set of Givi e21 hard cases in flat black for $120 on craigslist which are tidy and a little sporty.

BTW, if you put those Continental TKC80 tires on be sure NOT to set the tire pressure same front and rear (which is what a dealer may do). I am about to buy my third set of those and per Continental's website, and confirmed by this rider, try setting the tire pressure (road use): front: 36.3 psi/rear 40.6.

When going onto serious dirt try: Front 24/Rear 28. Just be sure to re-set air pressure after you leave the dirt. Any lower pressure may risk damage to the road oriented wheels.

Too much air pressure on the front knobbie will make steering darty and may inhibit wet road performance. When set right, the TKCs are impressive but fast wearing meats.

·
Registered
224 Posts
WOW, you paid $4300 for a pair of slippers and got a Wee and stuff to go with it for free, seems like a good deal to me.:thumbup:

Congrats on the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts