StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2006 Wee with 36,000 Kms. on the clock. What a great bike! The ride home last night from Kentville was fantastic. I was concerned about my short stature but with a lowered seat and a bit of care all went well. The bike handles like a dream although it looks huge compared to my '84 Honda Ascot. If you're in Nova Scotia you may see me on the road.

Earl

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rj, it's a sweet ride. Should suit our fabulous roads here. Going to have to farkle it up I'm sure.

Earl

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Congrats. I just got 2006 RED as well (with 11000km) . I put 1600 km, in 3 days of the past long weekend. Great bike. I already like it more then 1000.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great Rick. Mine had a bit more mileage than I would prefer but it had been well taken care of which is more important. Enjoy your ride.

Earl

·
Registered
751 Posts
Congrats. I just got 2006 RED as well (with 11000km) . I put 1600 km, in 3 days of the past long weekend. Great bike. I already like it more then 1000.
We sucked you in too eh Rick! :mrgreen:
Steve

Enjoy the bike Earl!
Welcome to Stromtrooper!

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Don't worry about mileage.

That's great Rick. Mine had a bit more mileage than I would prefer but it had been well taken care of which is more important. Enjoy your ride.

Earl
Earl, my 2006 has gone triple the distance yours has gone, and it has been
totally reliable. It has not explored the part of Nova Scotia south of Truro,
but perhaps I will revisit your province one of these days.

I think one of the best features of our bikes is this forum. I have met lots of
Stromtroopers, and we are indeed a cordial and helpful lot. If you visit Ontario,
for example, you can count on a fine welcome, just for the asking.

There is a fellow in Morden, Manitoba, who commutes to your province,
so he has over 200,000 kilometers on his Wee-Strom, and that figure
becomes more and more obsolete as I type, because he is probably out
there riding instead of pushing keys on a computer.

Keith

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Earl, my 2006 has gone triple the distance yours has gone, and it has been
totally reliable. It has not explored the part of Nova Scotia south of Truro,
but perhaps I will revisit your province one of these days.

I think one of the best features of our bikes is this forum. I have met lots of
Stromtroopers, and we are indeed a cordial and helpful lot. If you visit Ontario,
for example, you can count on a fine welcome, just for the asking.

There is a fellow in Morden, Manitoba, who commutes to your province,
so he has over 200,000 kilometers on his Wee-Strom, and that figure
becomes more and more obsolete as I type, because he is probably out
there riding instead of pushing keys on a computer.

Keith
Hi Keith;
Reports such as yours are one reason I didn't shirk at buying the '06. I'm looking forward to many enjoyable miles, (well kilometres here), on this bike. Let me know if you do get up this way as there are plenty of great back roads to tour on.

Earl

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Earl. I'm getting my ready for the road. I set up the suspension the way I like it. Installed Givi racks, power outlet, heated grips, a rack for a top box etc. And few min ago I painted exhaust heat shield black. It looks way better then before.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So. How is your red Wee so far? I'm very happy with mine...
Love it! It handles like a large bicycle, loads of power, goes where you point it. I'm new to motorcycles, (2 years), and have mainly ridden my '84 Honda Ascot. What a difference! I did lay it down in my friends driveway two weekends ago so have been paying attention where I put my foot when stopping. Minor damage, (broken signal light). It's a keeper for me. Good to hear you are liking yours.

Earl

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Yesterday I finally got center stand (installed now). Before that I trasfered my Corbin with back rest from my DL1000 (which is gone). Tomorrow picking up the skid plate and fixing RH side of GIVI engine guards ( LH side installed already). I also installed E41 boxes and painted the top (small doors) in red. Also Madstads are installed now. Getting ready for this coming weekend 3 days trip (perhaps 1500-2000km), which includes a V Strom gathering in Wilberforce. How about you?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rick;
You're well ahead of me with the farkles. Mine came with the OEM centre stand and engine crash bars, that's about it. Oh, and a new set of Metzler Tourances. I have a Fenda Extenda on order and plan to do some upgrades over the winter. Probably go with a light relay and fuse block from Eastern Beaver.
The weather here has been fantastic the past few days so a buddy and I are playing hookey tomorrow and heading further down the South Shore to a place called Port Mouton,( pronounced Ma-toon), then probably take a spin inland and back home. Let me know how the gathering in Wilberforce goes. Enjoy.
Earl

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
My favourite accessory

Rick;
You're well ahead of me with the farkles. Mine came with the OEM centre stand and engine crash bars, that's about it. ...
Earl
I like my handguards a lot; they have deflected a lot of weather,
including snow in New Mexico and hail in British Columbia.
The price is high for mainly a couple of hunks of plastic,
but the added comfort (or subtracted discomfort) is substantial.

If you don't want them now, you might when Indian Summer wanes.

Keith

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like my handguards a lot; they have deflected a lot of weather,
including snow in New Mexico and hail in British Columbia.
The price is high for mainly a couple of hunks of plastic,
but the added comfort (or subtracted discomfort) is substantial.

If you don't want them now, you might when Indian Summer wanes.

Keith
Good idea Keith. On my commute to work last week it was getting a bit cool on the hands. Couple that with the carpal tunnel and it makes for a lot of hand slapping.
Earl

1 - 20 of 22 Posts