StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just bought a 2007 DL650. We love it, but are confused about the black windshield. Is this normal? We personally don't like it and plan to buy a new windshield soon, but we are wondering if this is "cool", but we just don't know it. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
By looking at the picture it does look cool. I think it goes well with the black bike and you don't look through the windshield anyways.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks nice bro ! Thinking about painting mine now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My son just bought a 2007 DL650. We love it, but are confused about the black windshield. Is this normal? We personally don't like it and plan to buy a new windshield soon, but we are wondering if this is "cool", but we just don't know it. Thanks
Those black windsheilds are evil! Fortunately, a Canadian winter kills off the demons, so if you just send it to me...

:mrgreen:

Glenn

·
Registered
832 Posts
My son just bought a 2007 DL650. We love it, but are confused about the black windshield. Is this normal?
The factory windscreens are clear plastic. It appears that yours was painted by the prior owner. It looks like a job well done. It's quite possible that someone would throw a few $$ your way if you offered the painted windscreen for sale in the Marketplace.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It was probably painted from the back with Krylon Fusion, and yes it is cool. If it doesn't block too much of your view. My shield is just like this but has been cut down to be a few inches shorter. I refuse to look through a giant window.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The shield appears to be painted from the backside. I must say someone did a good job with it. The biggest reason I don't like it is my son is a new rider and I don't want him to have any blind-spots. I also would like him to have more wind protection. He is taking his Basic MSF class next week. His attended use will be commuting 36 miles a day to work and weekend rides with me with an occasional trip to Colorado. I am so impressed with the wee strom. I can't believe how fast it is. I'm use to riding a GL1800, and I feel right at home on the strom.

·
Registered
832 Posts
(M)y son is a new rider and I don't want him to have any blind-spots.
Unless your son is very short (he doesn't appear to be) or is in a racer's tuck, a blacked-out windscreen won't inhibit his vision at all.

For peace of mind, though, you might consider posting a Wanted ad in the marketplace for an unmolested windscreen.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
What windscreen is it? It has the Suzuki decal, but doesn't have the tip edge flip (that is probably responsible for much of the buffetting).

tberger53, he's probably best off to ride in the class without the windscreen, then buy an aftermarket windscreen that fits his size. Nobody likes the stock windscreen due to the buffetting. Look in the big buffetting thread.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The shield appears to be painted from the backside. I must say someone did a good job with it. The biggest reason I don't like it is my son is a new rider and I don't want him to have any blind-spots. I also would like him to have more wind protection. He is taking his Basic MSF class next week. His attended use will be commuting 36 miles a day to work and weekend rides with me with an occasional trip to Colorado. I am so impressed with the wee strom. I can't believe how fast it is. I'm use to riding a GL1800, and I feel right at home on the strom.

If you're on the KC side of KS I'll trade you a plain unmolested stock screen for the black one :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts