StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a gently used 2008 wee with very low miles. I've been thumping around for the last 3 yrs on my 2008 KLR 650, and finally took the leap to a V-Twin. I've had several motorcycles in the past but have had alot of fun with my KLR. I plan to keep the KLR, but we will see how my plans work out. Glad to join the forum and look forward to farkle mania with the wee. First thing I'm looking for is a top box to keep my helmet in. Any ideas?
I have a JC Whitney givi knock off on the KLR, that has 8000 miles on it. I've had good luck with it, but I thought I would put something a little more sophisticated on the wee?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Welcome!

I just bought a JC whitney a few weeks ago and haven't installed it yet. You might just see if you can live with it on the Strom for a little. Get something else for your Strom with that $200+ for another type.

Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've kept my JC Whitney on my Strom for over 4 years. No problems at all. Can't find a reason to spend more money for a more sophisticated top box yet.

It's watertight, holds a helmet and a few extra's. I'd keep it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just purchased a gently used 2008 wee with very low miles. I've been thumping around for the last 3 yrs on my 2008 KLR 650, and finally took the leap to a V-Twin. I've had several motorcycles in the past but have had alot of fun with my KLR. I plan to keep the KLR, but we will see how my plans work out. Glad to join the forum and look forward to farkle mania with the wee. First thing I'm looking for is a top box to keep my helmet in. Any ideas?
I have a JC Whitney givi knock off on the KLR, that has 8000 miles on it. I've had good luck with it, but I thought I would put something a little more sophisticated on the wee?
Welcome! You'll love the Strom. Great bike and so smooth on the highway.

After buying the Weestrom I never rode my KLR. During two years of owning both I put less than 2k miles on the KLR and more than 22 on the Strom.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
First thing I'm looking for is a top box to keep my helmet in. Any ideas?
Have y ou thought of using a BESTEM top box? They come with all the mounting stuff and a brake light is installed as well. I have three on my 2008, a little tricky to mount them since the latch is backwards. Case is large enough to hold two full face helmets.
Now if you want to spend some good money, go to PWD and look at the GIVI stuff. :thumbup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the JC Whitney box on my 2008 Black Wee. I painted the ugly orangeish strip black and took off the iron cross sticker...

I don't think it looks that bad. Besides, if I cared how the bike and I looked, I'd get a Beemer :green_lol:

I took the orangeish strip completely off and added a strip of aluminum. It matches the rest of the aluminum already on the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
Egads, I have one of the the JCW's on my beemer. ARRRGH!
I put the new bigger one with the IRON Cross on the Strom!
For the money it's a great top box!

·
Registered
349 Posts
My Wee came with the large JC Whitney top case. Painted the orange trim black. Been thinking about getting a Givi E45 to match the side cases but just can't justify the money. It has never leaked a drop of water and has never given me any trouble, hard to beat for the money.:thumbup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the Bestem which I guess is the same as the JCW. Great top box, cheap, well made and costs less than 1/3 of the Givi.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the Bestem which I guess is the same as the JCW. Great top box, cheap, well made and costs less than 1/3 of the Givi.
If you can put a helmet in there, then that's great.

I'm really happy with the Givi stuff, and if they last a few more years, I'll consider them worth the price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts