StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Vee...havent even picked it up from the dealership yet. Probably wont insure it till spring but i wanted to start shopping for rates.

I still only have my M2 (licensed for 1yr) so i know it wont be cheap.

I'm currently insuring my 07 GS500F with TD Meloche Monnex but its almost $900/yr.

Anyone have any suggestions about who to insure with?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I used to use Road Wings through Aviva ins brokers.. my 2002 LC1500 was costing me 661 a year with a learners permit but that was 5 years ago....

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Try a broker. because they don't charge you a commission and deal with many insurance companies - some of whom do not even deal directly with the public. A few ones would be Riders Plus and Cornerstone Insurance brokers. Also get quotes from State Farm, John Duffy and Primmum.

Insurance rates are quite different for everyone, given the number of variables like driving record, previous claims, value of bike, location, etc...

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
i have a similar amount of riding experience, over 25 married, kids never had a ticket in my life. a v-strom 1000 for me was 1200 a year and then 650 was about 1000

·
Registered
184 Posts
Shop around call as many brokers and insurance companies as you can. When I was living in Ontario RBC had amazing bike rates but you needed to have a clean driving record. Worth a shot .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you try TD Canada Trust , just insured 650 for $570 a year, I have had my M for 20+years but had never been insured because I ended up not riding. Also I have 2 speeding tickets in my truck :(
If I optioned it out with extra coverage it only cane to $725

There online quote was accurate.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Did you try TD Canada Trust , just insured 650 for $570 a year, I have had my M for 20+years but had never been insured because I ended up not riding. Also I have 2 speeding tickets in my truck :(
If I optioned it out with extra coverage it only cane to

There online quote was accurate.
That's pretty good price ($725). I was paying the same amount about 2 years ago (with Riders Plus) for 2008 650. Then last year jump to almost $1000 for 2009 650. This year for the same bike (just got new rate) over $1100. I have enough. This is radiculios!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts